Author Topic: What are these trucks on eBay?  (Read 3900 times)

spookshow

• Crew
  • Respect: +1715
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
Re: What are these trucks on eBay?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2021, 08:30:24 PM »
Do I need to add this crap to my list of N scale trucks? Yuck...

-Mark

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 08:44:08 PM »

-Mark

Only if you add a page titled:

Avoid Like the Plague
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2021, 08:56:21 PM »

-Mark

I dunno..... you do have pages for the infamous "Hi Speed" freight cars and locos, and also Del Prado, so you may have to, to be truly "encyclopedic".  But perhaps separated into an "adult's only" section, so that no young modelers are inadvertently exposed.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7962
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2021, 08:58:07 PM »
So, the answer to my initial question: "crap".

Thanks @CR4100 !

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +562
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2021, 09:00:17 PM »

-Mark

Adding it to your website would probably save some grief for others who don't search TRW threads.  Your bad reviews have been as helpful to me as your favorable ones.

Maybe Missaberoad would send you a sample, so you don't have to add to the profits of that manufacturer?

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2021, 10:02:29 PM »
Here's the link without all of Ed's personal information including the name of his future first-born:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12pcs-N-Scale-Model-Train-Bogie-with-Couplers-1-150-Plastic-Wheels-Model-Railway/352836852972

:D

I was wicked surprised that Ed posted that super-long tracking URL!  Of all the people here, he's probably most familiar with website design,and generally Internet-aware.  :facepalm:
. . . 42 . . .

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2021, 05:04:00 AM »
I can see a use for these trucks. They do have a lowered bolster and fairly good side frame detail. With metal wheels and removal of the couplers these could be useful. At $1 per truck they are cheap enough to experiment with.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

spookshow

• Crew
  • Respect: +1715
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2021, 05:52:05 AM »
Evemodel does have a website, but oddly enough these "bogies" are not listed there....

-Mark

Steveruger45

• Crew
  • Respect: +524
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »
Evemodel does have a website, but oddly enough these "bogies" are not listed there....

-Mark

Perhaps these didn’t come up to their needed quality standards  ;)
Steve

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 10:03:13 AM »
I was wicked surprised that Ed posted that super-long tracking URL!  Of all the people here, he's probably most familiar with website design,and generally Internet-aware.  :facepalm:

Looking at the edit, I suspect Ed did a hasty cut and paste under abbreviated visible text. Then Gary, in the name of full disclosure, noticed the link with all the tracking info and made it visible so people could choose whether they wanted to feed the data mining monster by inadvertently clicking on a "loaded" link. I, for one, appreciated it.

That said, if I'm posting an eBay link, I'm sure to truncate the '?' and everything that follows. Don't need you guys snooping on what else I shop for besides train stuff, via the "you might like..." affinity suggestions. Besides, my wife has me shop for her on eBay, including ladies' dainties. She looks great in those dresses; me, not so much.  :facepalm:  :trollface:

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7962
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2021, 11:40:07 AM »
+1
Yeah, I just copied and pasted the link from my browser.

Because I have better things to care about than tilting at windmills when it comes to commercial online tracking.

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2021, 12:03:46 PM »
Buck has to stop somewhere, Ed. Too many years here in the sausage-making biz.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2021, 03:02:29 PM »
Looking at the edit, I suspect Ed did a hasty cut and paste under abbreviated visible text. Then Gary, in the name of full disclosure, noticed the link with all the tracking info and made it visible so people could choose whether they wanted to feed the data mining monster by inadvertently clicking on a "loaded" link. I, for one, appreciated it.

That said, if I'm posting an eBay link, I'm sure to truncate the '?' and everything that follows. Don't need you guys snooping on what else I shop for besides train stuff, via the "you might like..." affinity suggestions. Besides, my wife has me shop for her on eBay, including ladies' dainties. She looks great in those dresses; me, not so much.  :facepalm:  :trollface:

That's what I do too, and sometimes like you, post the truncated link after someone posted the tracking link earlier in the thread.  But at that point it is usually too late as most readers will click on the first link.

Too bad some people just can't give rat's a$$ about the commercial big-brother tracking the crap out of us.  I realize that nobody has any privacy on the Internet, but just like you, and members like Chris333, I like to make that tracking process as difficult as I can for them.
. . . 42 . . .

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 03:34:24 PM »
Well, knowing the data aggravation aggregation business a little, I minimize as much collection as possible to tweak the system. I've checked a couple of sites such as mylife.com, and the amount of fundamental data they think they have on me is astoundingly wrong. Wrong political party, wrong religion, wrong marriage status, wrong family associations, wrong income. Wrong primary address in a few cases since we own multiple properties. I'd like it all to stay wrong, and for that matter, with so much wrong I think it's "bait" for me to jump in and correct it. Ain't gonna happen! As long as credit reporting is accurate, I'm OK with being a wrongbody.

:)

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +413
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2021, 06:27:29 PM »
I can see a use for these trucks. They do have a lowered bolster and fairly good side frame detail. With metal wheels and removal of the couplers these could be useful. At $1 per truck they are cheap enough to experiment with.

I dunno the non standard size bolster hole mivht be a killer.  Are they suitable for use with MT truck pins?