Author Topic: Tennessee Valley Custom Models  (Read 983 times)

cec209

• Crew
  • Respect: +53
Tennessee Valley Custom Models
« on: April 14, 2021, 10:02:38 PM »

Ian has announced that Tennessee Valley Custom Models is closing April 30, 2021.
Sorry to see them go. Their scale signs are very high quality in N, HO and O scale.
Charlie
Charlie

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
Re: Tennessee Valley Custom Models
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 10:20:21 PM »
+1
Never heard of em, which might be part of their problem.

Got a link to share?
Peter Pfotenhauer

EspeeGoldenState

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
    • Modern Southern Pacific
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 11:28:02 PM »
I believe he started out as mostly HO stuff and just recently expanded into N scale. As for only 2 years old and now closing up shop.

Tennessee Valley Custom Models is a small startup founded in 2019. As a Model Railroader for over 10 years and being in the industry myself, I understand what it means to have Reliable, Reasonably Priced, Realism on your layout. I received my first train when I was 6 years old and I never looked back; while trying to find new and innovative ways to enhance this hobby. As a result, Tennessee Valley Custom Models was born. In part,  each product we make is handcrafted/painted to order to ensure quality and craftsmanship. I will always stand behind the products we make with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Model Railroading should be fun and affordable for all, and here at TVCM we want to help modelers achieve Quality Realism at and Reasonable Price.

-Ian Pugliese

Owner – Tennessee Valley Custom Models

https://tennesseevalleycustoms.com/sample-page/
Attempting to model a modern Southern Pacific based in 2015/2016...

Also, I have a passenger train addiction...

dem34

• Crew
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1070
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 12:17:26 AM »
It almost looks like he tried to corner a niche that doesn't really exist for the most part. Owning an inkjet printer I never really felt that inclined to buy road signs since I could just print some on some paper then glue and burnish them onto foil.
-Al

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1527
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 08:04:15 AM »
I have some of his stuff, I ordered more yesterday.  He had several signs in N scale that I couldn't find elsewhere, and he even added KCS No Trespassing signs for me (which I also have). His custom US Highway signs will probably be his most missed product.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

CRL

• Crew
  • Needs More Dirt.
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 10:56:09 AM »
It sounds like they outgrew the “we can do this in our spare time” business model and were facing the options of grow to a full time operation or shut it down. They’re too young to retire from their real jobs and the full time potential just isn’t there.