Author Topic: Soundtraxx N scale TSU-KN1  (Read 706 times)

nscaler711

• Crew
  • @frs_strelizia
  • Respect: +127
    • IG
Soundtraxx N scale TSU-KN1
« on: February 06, 2021, 10:38:21 AM »
So this is apparently a thing now, Soundtraxx is offering a drop in decoder with their Tsunami 2 line the TSU-KN1.
https://soundtraxx.com/tsu-kn1/
I have used Soundtraxx in the past in HO and I wasn't offended by sounds they produced.
Honestly my only quibble with the Tsunami Decoders is programing them, outside of JMRI you need their dedicated programing board to program simple things like the Address, or at least my MRC PA/PA2 could not do it...
The price is above a Loksound 58828 or 58818 which is what I have in a P42 with the next18 adapter board. which was just under $130... granted thats their MSRP so it may be lower elsewhere.
Also they only have 4 Function out puts so doing a Metra F40PH may be out of the question. :P
One of these days I'll get around to picking one up and try it out.
“If you have anything you wanna say, you better spit it out while you can. Because you’re all going to die sooner or later." - Zero Two

RBrodzinsky

• Crew
  • Respect: +425
Rick Brodzinsky
Chief Engineer - JACALAR Railroad
Silicon Valley FreeMo-N

nscaler711

• Crew
  • @frs_strelizia
  • Respect: +127
    • IG
Re: Soundtraxx N scale TSU-KN1
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 11:33:13 AM »
@tom mann  feel free to delete this useless thread. guess i should have searched the topic.  :facepalm:
“If you have anything you wanna say, you better spit it out while you can. Because you’re all going to die sooner or later." - Zero Two