Author Topic: All-New HO Freight Car Announcement: Kit Classics Gondola  (Read 629 times)

scaletrains

• Crew
  • Respect: +111
All-New HO Freight Car Announcement: Kit Classics Gondola
« on: January 30, 2021, 03:22:03 PM »
Preorder now: bit.ly/KitClassicsHOGondola

See the video: youtu.be/jImLA8CiPWs

Our next all-new Kit Classics™ freight car is the CB&Q Havelock Shops 2566 Gondola.

Designed and built by the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad, these 52’ 6” gondolas were assigned to carry aluminum, steel, and tin coil loads and eventually ended-up in general service. The key spotting features are the square top chord that ran between the grab irons as well as the flat sill plate that ran between the bolsters.

This easy-to-build freight car kit is available in six colorful paint schemes including:

•Burlington Northern
•Chicago, Burlington & Quincy
•Chicago & North Western
•Conrail
•Norfolk & Western
•SOO Line

You’ll enjoy building these Kit Classics Gons. Learn more about our all-new HO Scale 2566cf Gondola by visiting our website. Delivery is expected this summer. Secure your favorite roadnames by pre-ordering today.

perezbill

• Crew
  • Respect: +12
Re: All-New HO Freight Car Announcement: Kit Classics Gondola
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 09:28:12 PM »
I have purchased some of these types of cars from scaletrains.com in the past. They are not that hard to put together and they look decent. If they have something that fits my era (modern) I would pick one up.