Author Topic: engine test stand with rollers  (Read 2810 times)

UP4-8-8-4

• Crew
  • Respect: +152
    • Present home layout and partial collection.
Re: engine test stand with rollers
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2021, 08:18:32 PM »
Railstand Lee makes these.

I have the longest one as it will handle all steamer drivers like the Big Boys, or Diesel and Electric wheels like the Baldwin Centipedes.
Also has a live overhead heavy duty wire to operate engines with live overhead cantenarys like the Arnold GG1's.

http://www.trains.com.tw/railstand.asp

4-8-8-4 Bigboy

4-6-6-4 Challenger

Roger Holmes

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2021, 10:23:57 PM »
It is correct that the ones in my photos came from Micro-Mark--metalworkertom jogged my memory.  I bought them because I used my G scale ones a lot on the workbench when I was rebuilding beater locomotives--added DCC, sound and Milwaukee Road paint.  I didn't use the N scale ones since I have a DCC programming track and test track on my workbench.  N scale ones in the photos are sold and shipped.
Best regards,

Roger

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who understand the binary system and those who don't.

narrowminded

• Crew
  • Respect: +647
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2021, 11:25:09 PM »
Railstand Lee makes these.

I have the longest one as it will handle all steamer drivers like the Big Boys, or Diesel and Electric wheels like the Baldwin Centipedes.
Also has a live overhead heavy duty wire to operate engines with live overhead cantenarys like the Arnold GG1's.

http://www.trains.com.tw/railstand.asp

Those look nice. 8)  They also look expensive. ;)
Mark G.

narrowminded

• Crew
  • Respect: +647
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2021, 03:23:43 AM »
I followed the link on the page to their listing for just 6 of the bearing assemblies ($32) and it states

The positioning steel pin is made of bearing steel, which is harder and more wear-resistant.
304 solid stainless steel shaft, copper alloy oil bearing, make the front drive work more stable, the rotation is more delicate.

I think I will “bite” and place an order. Will be interested to see how well it works

I'll be interested in hearing your report.  If the details are right it should work well.  Good luck and let us know! :)
Mark G.