Author Topic: Chitubox vs. MacOS/OSX Versions  (Read 756 times)

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
Chitubox vs. MacOS/OSX Versions
« on: December 30, 2020, 09:44:52 AM »
The Chitubox download page claims it supports OSX 10.6, yet the downloaded app barfs and says it needs MacOS 10.13 and above. Obviously the executable makes the rules... but does anybody know if there is a downloadable that supports OSX 10.9? Like in an archive that isn't obvious?

All versions of AnyCubic's Photon slicer (derived from Chitubox, I think) require OSX 10.11 or greater.

Currently have a Ubuntu/Linux system that does little more than run Chitubox, it would be nice to have it on my system(s) with the CAD software.  :|

timwatson

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • N Scale Rail
Re: Chitubox vs. MacOS/OSX Versions
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 08:39:01 AM »
I don't think that software was even created in the Mac OS 10.9 days. In fact I run a virtual machine of that specific MacOS in Virtualbox so I can maintain backward compatibility with some software I like to run. The Model Railroader DVD set is in there for one.

Yup that's what I thought they're basically 1 year a part between last release of MacOS and first release Cithubox. Maybe Virtualbox is a solution for you?

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Tim Watson
My pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nscalerail/sets/

Technology, new ideas and model railroading.

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
Re: Chitubox vs. MacOS/OSX Versions
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 09:24:16 AM »
+1
Interesting idea, but virtual isn't going to work on the system with 10.9 because it is running OSX Server, and 10.9 therefore has to be the root OS. There's no upgrading this system and then hosting a VM downward, and then there's no upgrading the system in general since Apple deprecated Server starting with 10.10.

Frankly, I'm mostly just annoyed with Chitubox' web page alleging 10.6 operability and getting the no-can-do dialog about 10.11 after downloading.

Mainly interested in Chitubox for this particular CPU because the server is the only Mac in the building where the Photon lives, the Photon being something you really don't want in your home office. Was just hoping to streamline ops instead of sneakernet between isolated systems in two different places. Probably the better bet is seeing what it takes to port Chitubox to Raspbian and dedicate a Raspberry Pi to slicer duty.