Author Topic: Intermountain N scale F3A frame cracks  (Read 5897 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Steve Smith

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Respect: +9
Re: Intermountain N scale F3A frame cracks
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2020, 01:34:18 AM »
+7
Hi guys,

Just to give you all an update; Intermountain made contact with me, and will be sending out replacement frames and body shells to replaced the damaged units.

A big public thank you to Intermountain, it's great to see a company stand solidly behind their products,

Steve

Martin_London

  • Posts: 4
  • Respect: +1
Re: Intermountain N scale F3A frame cracks
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2020, 01:45:07 PM »
0
Hi guys,

Just to give you all an update; Intermountain made contact with me, and will be sending out replacement frames and body shells to replaced the damaged units.

A big public thank you to Intermountain, it's great to see a company stand solidly behind their products,

Steve
A couple of years ago I found a similar problem with my pair of Intermountain F3A units (the Bs and F7A/B/A set were OK) although the split in the bodyshell was not that obvious to require replacement. Intermountain very quickly sent me replacement half-sides free of charge so a thumbs-up for Intermountain from me too!
Martin
(London, UK)

jjb62556

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 326
  • Gender: Male
  • cn1040gmd1@gmail.com
  • Respect: +56
Re: Intermountain N scale F3A frame cracks
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 04:29:15 PM »
0
i had the same problem with my only F3 a few years ago. i was told they had one bad batch that came with early orders of F3's. They also sent me replacement frames..has anyone had trouble with anything but F3's ?

tehachapifan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3477
  • Respect: +1148
Re: Intermountain N scale F3A frame cracks
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2020, 04:31:23 PM »
0
I had 1 out of about 6 tunnel motors develop this problem. IM replaced the frame.

randgust

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3254
  • Respect: +2945
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
Re: Intermountain N scale F3A frame cracks
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2021, 09:39:01 PM »
0
I just had one sent to me for custom work, took it out of the box (new, never run)... and whoa.   I've seen this on Railwire.

I haven't even taken the shell off, but I think I know what's in there....



Thanks for documenting this guys because I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it here first.