Author Topic: MTL October releases....and no, I have no idea how they did it.  (Read 2637 times)

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3108
Re: MTL October releases....and no, I have no idea how they did it.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 06:58:13 PM »
Thanks!  So they still don't show up as "sold out" on Hogtrainz site and the "reserve" option appears to be available, yet the description states that reservations end May 31 (2019? 2020?).  :|  I'll try to "reserve" a set and see what happens.  Hogtranz site is not very well designed (and I'm being kind).

They're still listed as reserve because they haven't shown up yet.  They probably order X # of sets that were reserved by customers prior to the original due date + their own sale stock.  They'll get their shipment to cover reservations, then dole out the remaining stock to those who "reserved" after the date in the order they came in, once all gone then they'll list as out of stock.  They probably aren't 100% of how many sets they were going to receive.  Pete was set up the same way unless he knew exactly how many sets he was getting.  If he had that many orders, it was changed to sold out before they even hit the streets.  While Hogs website is different, it is a lot of ways very similar to BLW

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 08:20:05 PM »
They're still listed as reserve because they haven't shown up yet.  They probably order X # of sets that were reserved by customers prior to the original due date + their own sale stock.  They'll get their shipment to cover reservations, then dole out the remaining stock to those who "reserved" after the date in the order they came in, once all gone then they'll list as out of stock.  They probably aren't 100% of how many sets they were going to receive.  Pete was set up the same way unless he knew exactly how many sets he was getting.  If he had that many orders, it was changed to sold out before they even hit the streets.  While Hogs website is different, it is a lot of ways very similar to BLW

I went ahead and reserved them. I guess I'll have to see what I get.
. . . 42 . . .

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2020, 09:39:29 PM »
I went ahead and reserved them. I guess I'll have to see what I get.

I ordered some atlas passenger cars from him just before they arrived in stock. He wasn’t able to fill the whole order but tried several sources and promptly refunded me for the cars he couldn’t source.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 10:56:59 PM »
What happened to the TTX v.2 (Red Logo) TBOX Runner Pack?

:(
Under the streets of Los Angeles

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +717
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2020, 11:53:58 PM »
+1
What happened to the TTX v.2 (Red Logo) TBOX Runner Pack? :(
It's now due out in January 2021, following CSX in November and CN in December.

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +908
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2020, 11:53:19 AM »
Talk about dedication to the hobby.... I would have thought this to be impossible, but here it is

I would assume that the production process takes place over several months.. so this month was likely half to 3/4 ready.. (and maybe a car or 2 short of normal)
So I'd guess there was a push to finish what was in the pipeline at the sacrifice of pushing new items INTO the schedule for the following months.
Maybe we'll see a few months of light releases while the focus on preorder sets and Christmas sets out..

If I were in that position and I lost 'everything'... If I had the opportunity to work 16 hours a day and not have to think about the outside world, I'd probably do it.

Unfortunately, nothing this month that I need.. :(

~Ian
~Ian

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 04:28:50 AM »
It's now due out in January 2021, following CSX in November and CN in December.

Thanks! At least I know I won't be going into debt this year (next year, though... :P )
Under the streets of Los Angeles