Author Topic: NEW BODY STYLE - the 40' Std. height Panel side corrugated steel container  (Read 1180 times)

JaxTerminal

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • Jacksonville Terminal Company
JACKSONVILLE TERMINAL COMPANY is pleased to announce another new N Scale container body style - the 40' Std. height, Panel side corrugated steel container. As part of our 40' Standard Height Series, JTC has Tooled 12 different door styles, 5 front styles, 3 roof styles to choose from when matching prototypes.  These containers were still in service into the 2010s, and we have a lot of neat schemes planned. We are releasing SIX schemes for October, including a Transamerica faded scheme (ICSU markings) with new paint patched on the corners and body.

40' Std. Height Panel Side OCTOBER 2020 Releases:
Below are direct links to web pages.
405501 Sealand
https://jtcmodeltrains.com/products/sealand-jtc-405550-40-standard-height-8-6-corrugated-panel-side-steel-containers?_pos=1&_sid=2f7e363f4&_ss=r

405509 Sea Containers
https://jtcmodeltrains.com/products/sea-containers-jtc-405509-40-standard-height-8-6-corrugated-panel-side-steel-containers?_pos=1&_sid=800273a68&_ss=r

405510 TransAmerica (Patch)
https://jtcmodeltrains.com/products/transamerica-40-std-height-86-corrugated-panel-side-containers-jtc-405510?_pos=1&_sid=780f600d3&_ss=r

405511 Tiphook
https://jtcmodeltrains.com/products/tiphook-jtc-405511-40-standard-height-8-6-corrugated-panel-side-steel-containers?_pos=1&_sid=96815fdbf&_ss=r

405512 SCS (Scandinavian Cargo Sea)
https://jtcmodeltrains.com/products/scs-scandinavian-cargo-sea-jtc-405512-40-standard-height-8-6-corrugated-panel-side-steel-containers?_pos=1&_sid=c8e2397ab&_ss=r

405521 MOL
https://jtcmodeltrains.com/products/mol-jtc-405521-40-standard-height-8-6-corrugated-panel-side-steel-containers?_pos=1&_sid=964b34263&_ss=r

Collections page details: https://jtcmodeltrains.com/collections/40-std-height-86-corrugated-panel-side-containers

Look for more schemes in the coming months!

The JTC Team

« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:04:08 PM by JaxTerminal »
Container Models Released as of 11-2022:
ALL NEW TOOLINGS: 53' 8-55-8 HC; 40' Standard 8'6": 40' HC; 20' Std; 40' Open/canvas top; 53' HC 6-42-6 sided; 20', 40' & 40' HC Flatrack containers; 48' HC; 20' Std Tanks; 20', 40' & 53' Chassis; 40' std SS & Panel, 40' HC Reefers; 40' Pwr Gen units!

migalyto

• Crew
  • Respect: +7
Re: NEW BODY STYLE - the 40' Std. height Panel side corrugated steel container
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 09:26:22 PM »
Any chance of you breaking into the HO market?

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4594
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 10:48:18 PM »
+1
Any chance of you breaking into the HO market?

I hope not - it is  nice to know that finally we have some N scale models that are not available ion H0!   :P

I'm joking of course.  Hopefully JTC will eventually release H0 scale containers.  More sales = more funds available to produce larger variety of models.
. . . 42 . . .

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 12:36:49 AM »
+1
Hopefully JTC will eventually release H0 scale containers.  More sales = more funds available to produce larger variety of models.

Perhaps, but I'd offer that it's not such a straightforward decision.  For one thing, simply 'scaling up' the designs would likely be unsatisfactory, because of differing design tolerance and detail levels.  (Same goes for "scaling down" an HO design to N scale.)  Tooling, assembly, packaging, etc. also would be substantially costlier and more complex.

Market-wise, HO would be a considerably different dynamic than N scale, and any 'newcomer' would have to carve out a niche share from among a long-established group of competitors -- a matter of divvying an existing market rather than expanding it or leveraging some kind of untapped potential.

I think it would also mean, at least to some degree, siphoning off resources from producing product for N scale.  So be careful about what you wish for  ;)

Ed

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4594
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 02:08:49 AM »
+1
. . .
 So be careful about what you wish for  ;)

Ed

Ok Ed, you convinced me - lets hope that JTC stays out of the larger scales market!   ;)

I was just trying to be nice to migayto and not gloat that the N scalers have something that is not available in larger scales.
. . . 42 . . .

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 09:36:53 PM »
+1
Ok Ed, you convinced me - lets hope that JTC stays out of the larger scales market!   ;)

I was just trying to be nice to migayto and not gloat that the N scalers have something that is not available in larger scales.

25 years ago, the only N scale intermodal was Walthers and Con-Cor. People settled for them because that was all that was available.

Today, we have JTC making excellent containers and Trainworx making excellent trailers. The quality of both have become the envy of modelers of other scales. What a time to be an intermodal modeler in N scale!
Under the streets of Los Angeles

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +260
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 10:55:17 PM »
+1
Yes, it's a great time to me an intermodal modeler in N these days! I love the monthly release schedule of JTC. It's like MicroTrains, but containers.
But man, I'm quickly going broke!

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 02:42:17 AM »
+3
Yes, it's a great time to me an intermodal modeler in N these days! I love the monthly release schedule of JTC. It's like MicroTrains, but containers.
But man, I'm quickly going broke!

The struggle is real! I just spent over $200 on these babies!

Under the streets of Los Angeles

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1326
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 12:50:28 AM »
I feel sorry for modern intermodal modelers.  Every car needs loads, and the loads cost as much as the cars!  But it's good to see a company prospering, and its customers coming back for more. 

Fortunately (financially speaking), it looks like all of these are post-1974, so I'm safe.  Containers were fairly rare in the Northwest in 1974, but I'm trying to buy a package of most of those that fit.  One Trailer-Train flatcar goes a long ways, when it has a different load every time!

N Kalanaga
Be well