Author Topic: ATSF semaphore and train order signals by ATSF N Scale Models (working/lighted)  (Read 651 times)

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
  • Respect: +96
N scale size signals designed according to plans in System Standards Vol 2 and August 1985 volume of Santa Fe Modeler.
LED lighted and 2,5 RPM motor driven (1 motor for the semaphore, 2 motors for the train order).
Power supply is 3 V flat DC for LED and motor(s). Simple push button operation.

For more info go to WWW.ATSFNSCALEMODELS.COM under SIGNALS :description, operation, size, more pictures and YouTube movies)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:11:07 AM by Dirk Jan Blikkendaal »
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models

bdennis

• Crew
  • Respect: +98
    • Delaware & Hudson Champlain Division
Nice work.. They look great.
Would like to see the mechanism that drives them.
Brendan Dennis
N scale - Delaware & Hudson Champlain Division

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
Thanks!
Please go to the website... you will find more pics including the drive.
Regards, Dirk
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +954
Dirk, those are VERY COOL, nicely done! You never cease to amaze me with your ingenious offerings.
I could use one of your lower quadrant Train Order signals for Cajon station. The other one I need, for Summit, was an upper quadrant type during the era I model, see pics. Is there a way to modify the signal to an upper quadrant type?

Otto

Peter Amling

• Crew
  • Respect: +16
Those look incredible. Nicely done!

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +1385
Lovely. I have a soft spot for these, having made a trip to Raton Pass two years ago to experience the 1:1 before they were PTC'ed out of existence (still pending, I gather).

The block signal version appears pretty close to what was on the LA&SL (UP line to Los Angeles) before it was CTC'ed in the late '40s. So rule #1 applies here: I will have to sneak a pair somewhere on the layout even though I'm supposedly modeling 20 years later.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Never trust anyone lacking a sense of humor.

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
Dirk, those are VERY COOL, nicely done! You never cease to amaze me with your ingenious offerings.
I could use one of your lower quadrant Train Order signals for Cajon station. The other one I need, for Summit, was an upper quadrant type during the era I model, see pics. Is there a way to modify the signal to an upper quadrant type?

Otto

Hi Otto,
Do you have a drawing (or better picture/reference) of the upper quadrant version? From what  I see the pivoting position is different. So that would mean a new 3D drawing/print of the mast top.
It certainly means a new etching for the new blade...... and a new clear plastic claser cutting for the lenses .......
It can be done but will take time and some money I am afraid......
Let me know what you want.......  good luck and kind regards, Dirk

SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
Hi Dirk, thanks, I understand. I’ll send you a PM, with an idea :D
Otto

Cajonpassfan

• Crew