Author Topic: Another Event Lost to COVID/ DE-MD-NJ-PA November Open House Tour  (Read 1055 times)

Blazeman

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
IMPORTANT NOTICE!
Due to the ongoing uncertainty of the Covid-19 pandemic, it has been decided by the open house team to cancel the event for 2020. The age demographics of a lot of our model railroaders put them in the high risk category. It was decided that there were just too many variables, in often times tight indoor spaces to try and safely hold the open houses this November.
So, take this time to work on your layouts and get ready for the 2021 event, and most importantly, follow the social distancing guidelines and STAY WELL. We look forward to seeing everyone next year!

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Another Event Lost to COVID/ DE-MD-NJ-PA November Open House Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 04:41:05 PM »
A lot of events will be lost the remainder of this year.  I'm hoping that Springfield MA will still be a go AND that it will be safe to exhibit at the end of January.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 12:22:47 AM »
+2
Geez, Doug, are you intentionally seeking a whack by the ban hammer?

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8039
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 01:01:59 AM »
If Trump is defeated in November, we won't hear about Covid-19 anymore.

Doug

Nobody was talking politics until you brought it up.

But yet again you break the no politics rule.

Blazeman

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 11:15:23 AM »
+2
It continues:

from the Greenberg Shows web site:

"This morning the state of Pennsylvania rescinded our permission to run the Greenberg Train Show scheduled for July 25 - 26, 2020 at the Monroeville Convention Center. Therefore we have no choice but to cancel the show. Based on the new situation we are reevaluating the shows currently scheduled for the end of August in Oaks, PA and Edison, NJ. Please check back with this website for the latest news.

"Customers who purchased tickets will have those tickets refunded to their credit card and they do not have to take any action. Exhibitors who prepaid for the show will receive a refund to the form of payment they used.

"We have worked hard trying to make train shows happen over the summer. While we did not think the shows would be profitable, we knew many exhibitors depend on shows to feed their families. We are aware that many hobbyists really need a distraction in these difficult times. This is a very sad end to the 2 man months of work and the thousands of dollars we have already spent on advertising and promotion of the Monroeville summer show.

"We sincerely appreciate all the past support we have received and we are continuing to evaluate to see if there is any safe and legal way for us to provide train shows this summer. We wish everyone a safe and happy summer."

While Greenberg shows usually don't wow me with things I want, I feel for them losing all their time, efforts and money they've invested in ads and such.  And as they point out, we modelers lose an opportunity to have a happy distraction.

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 12:53:42 PM »
If someone put a gun to my head now I would say the Amherst Show is in jeopardy.  Just the size alone with the number of attendees puts a huge obstacle for the health authorities.

I don't think a vaccine would even be ready then let alone administering all the doses if there was one.  I hope I'm totally wrong though.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 02:03:19 PM »
If someone put a gun to my head now I would say the Amherst Show is in jeopardy.  Just the size alone with the number of attendees puts a huge obstacle for the health authorities.

I don't think a vaccine would even be ready then let alone administering all the doses if there was one.  I hope I'm totally wrong though.

Sadly, I suspect your assessment is accurate.  It's a major event for us, lots of non-internet eyeballs, so we'll have to figure out how to adjust for 2021.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net