Author Topic: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line  (Read 1771 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« on: April 29, 2020, 09:27:19 AM »
0
Did this ever see traffic again:

http://www.abandonedrails.com/Ellendale_to_Milton

@RockGp40 I thought MDDE was going to control this after Delaware Coast ended ops?

RockGp40

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1067
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +343
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 10:10:05 AM »
0
No sir. The state of Delaware gave the operating rights to the DCR. The MDDE hasn't worked it since 1999. I know there's an LPG unloading facility and before the DCLR lost it's contract there was a new industry at the end of the line that was supposed to get rail service.
No farms, no food. Support your local farmer's market!

I stand with Israel.

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 02:12:52 PM »
0
Interesting.  I find all those lines out there fascinating.

edit: just found this out: https://www.carloadexpress.com/2020/03/delmarva-central-awarded-federal-crisi-grant-for-infrastructure-upgrades/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:15:17 PM by tom mann »

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8578
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 02:18:13 PM »
0
Interesting.  I find all those lines out there fascinating.

Me, too.  I'm terribly disappointed that I never got to witness a train in Lewes, Delaware before the line east of Georgetown, Delaware was shut down, due to that sinking human-powered rotating bridge over the Rehoboth Canal in Lewes.

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26097
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11568
    • Conrail 1285
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 02:29:07 PM »
0
Interesting.  I find all those lines out there fascinating.

They really are.

Have you seen this book?
https://morningsunbooks.com/collections/the-pennsy/products/pa-rr-facilities-in-color-vol-4

I think I have a copy but I don't know where right now.

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8578
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 02:35:00 PM »
0
They really are.

Have you seen this book?
https://morningsunbooks.com/collections/the-pennsy/products/pa-rr-facilities-in-color-vol-4

I think I have a copy but I don't know where right now.

I've come close to buying that book I-don't-know-how-many times.  Maybe now, I have an excuse. ;)

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26097
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11568
    • Conrail 1285

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8578
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 03:36:42 PM »
0
Oh *****, I need that one!

Me, too!  That's only $120.00 in train books.  The wife will be ecstatic.

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26097
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11568
    • Conrail 1285
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 04:02:57 PM »
+1
Me, too!  That's only $120.00 in train books.  The wife will be ecstatic.

DFF

Just think of all the money you're saving by not going to the hobby shop!

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8578
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 04:17:54 PM »
0
Just think of all the money you're saving by not going to the hobby shop!

Just think of all of the money that I have spent doing online shopping while I use the hobby to cope with the trauma that is work, the pandemic, home schooling my eight-year-old daughter, and roof damage.  :facepalm:

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

tom mann

  • Administrator
  • Crew
  • *****
  • Posts: 10921
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +1017
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 05:52:43 PM »
0
Buying those books are the least of your worries!!

Hawghead

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 791
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +326
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2020, 01:40:44 PM »
0
Quote
The project also will improve track conditions allowing speeds up to 25mph over most of DCR’s mainline.

Was this article from 1890??  :trollface:

Scott
There's a prototype for everything.
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.
DCC is not plug-n-play.

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5865
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4862
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 04:00:47 PM »
0
Just think of all the money you're saving by not going to the hobby shop!

That's the problem, now the hobby shop comes to you.  A couple days a week.  In little boxes.  Delivered by USPS.

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26097
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11568
    • Conrail 1285
Re: MDDE Ellendale/Milton line
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
0
That's the problem, now the hobby shop comes to you.  A couple days a week.  In little boxes.  Delivered by USPS.

Tell me and my Ron's Books Flash Sale Order about it... lol.