Author Topic: Classic Metal Works 1954 Ford fire trucks & 1954 Ford septic tank service trucks  (Read 1170 times)

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
N Scale Supply has posted the artwork for the new Classic Metal Works 1954 Ford fire trucks and 1954 Ford septic tank service trucks.

https://www.nscalesupply.com/cmw/cmw.html

You will need to scroll almost half way down the page to see them.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 11:36:00 PM by cfritschle »
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1530
    • Layout Progress Blog
Those firetrucks look yummy.  Since I model a part of the world with Parishes and not counties I hope that lettering comes off easily.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
Those firetrucks look yummy.  Since I model a part of the world with Parishes and not counties I hope that lettering comes off easily.
They could do me a huge favor and bring them out painted/lettered for the Chicago Fire Dept.  If not, a "generic" red truck would be a good start. Likewise with the garbage trucks (Chicago Streets and Sanitation and/or undec).  One of the problems with vehicles, as with freight cars, is that we are always left guessing what paint schemes might become available in the future. 

That said, also nice to see the tankers and "low boy" trailers (farther down the page- taking reservations).
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

dougnelson

• Crew
  • Respect: +2064
    • PRR N Scale
CMW seems to have grown nicely with the new ownership.  I think fineness and quality have improved.  Looking at the entire range on N Scale Supply is actually very impressive.

Kentuckian

• Crew
  • "This all started with Romans 10:9!" -Apologetix
  • Respect: +473
CMW seems to have grown nicely with the new ownership.  I think fineness and quality have improved.  Looking at the entire range on N Scale Supply is actually very impressive.

Yes and no. I like the breadth of the new releases, and the time period. The new fire trucks do look delish. Even though they are Classic Metal Works, I like the plastic bodies on the newer releases. They are easier to modify. The wheels/tires on the newer releases are also improving, IMHO.

However, some examples are “flashier” and not in a good way. The flash on the bottom of the body is no big deal, but the flash on the cab roof is excessive I believe, and difficult to deal with without ruining the paint.

Modeling the C&O in Kentucky.

“Nature does not know extinction; all it knows is transformation. ... Everything science has taught me-and continues to teach me-strengthens my belief in the continuity of our spiritual existence after death. Nothing disappears without a trace.” Wernher von Braun

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4611
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Hmm.  I thought that photos of the latest truck releases showed them with the same toy-like wheels they used in the past.  Could the ones with niceer wheels be using stand-in photos of H0 models?
. . . 42 . . .

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
Hmm.  I thought that photos of the latest truck releases showed them with the same toy-like wheels they used in the past.  Could the ones with niceer wheels be using stand-in photos of H0 models?

Peter,

I believe that may be the case when it comes to the CMW medium/heavy duty Ford F Series, IH R-190 and White WC 22 trucks.  Those trucks all use the same wheels.  The White 3000 Series COE trucks, which preceded the three trucks styles still being produced, had spoke wheels.  However, any of the CMW truck wheels look more realistic than the Con-Cor/Herpa truck wheels.   :lol:

And, CMW did make significant improvement to their automobile wheels with the release of the 1967 Ford and the 1978 Chevrolet.  The original CMW "light duty" vehicles all used the same undersized wheels.  :(
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4611
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Peter,

I believe that may be the case when it comes to the CMW medium/heavy duty Ford F Series, IH R-190 and White WC 22 trucks.  Those trucks all use the same wheels.  The White 3000 Series COE trucks, which preceded the three trucks styles still being produced, had spoke wheels.  However, any of the CMW truck wheels look more realistic than the Con-Cor/Herpa truck wheels.   :lol:

And, CMW did make significant improvement to their automobile wheels with the release of the 1967 Ford and the 1978 Chevrolet.  The original CMW "light duty" vehicles all used the same undersized wheels.  :(

Thanks for the info Carter.  Yes, I meant the heavy duty trucks (tractors) which pull trailers. Not sure what is the correct name to use for those. Semis?  I should have been more clear.  The ones which can benefit from Trainworx wheel upgrade.  :)
. . . 42 . . .