Author Topic: Larger Variety of Brass Strips & Shapes?  (Read 988 times)

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +832
Larger Variety of Brass Strips & Shapes?
« on: January 09, 2020, 12:11:13 AM »
Seems all I can find in brass strips and shapes make pretty big jumps in sizes and are pretty limited in selection. Example, 1/4", 1/2", 3/4" to 1" wide and nothing in between seems to be the norm with what I'm finding. What I would like to find are brass strips and shapes in a large variety in sizes much like what you can get in Evergreen Styrene. Does someone make something like this?

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +1238
Re: Larger Variety of Brass Strips & Shapes?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 12:28:57 AM »
+1
https://eileensemporium.com/ stock a large variety. Between metric and imperial sizes there is quite a range of strip, section, and rod.

If you’re willing to order from England. I’ve always found the service to be very quick and reliable.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4639
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 01:56:13 AM »
Special Shapes Co. used to carry all that stuff (in USA) but K&S swallowed them few years ago and basically killed them.
. . . 42 . . .

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3194
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 11:02:33 AM »
https://eileensemporium.com/ stock a large variety. Between metric and imperial sizes there is quite a range of strip, section, and rod.

If you’re willing to order from England. I’ve always found the service to be very quick and reliable.

I second this.  Easy to purchase and relatively quick delivery (near surprising) from them.

They also have a vast selection of METRIC styrene strip and diameters, etc, for those gaps or thicknesses that English dimension styrene won't match.

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +832
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 12:53:30 AM »
Ok, good info. Thanks!