Author Topic: New N scale vehicles store.  (Read 1882 times)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3123
    • Designer at Keystone Details
New N scale vehicles store.
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:46:28 AM »
+1
New vehicle shop?  Just came across this on Facebook.  Looks like the work of a Photon...  may have some modern trucking products.

I am only sharing his newly announced website and have no connection to the proprietor.

https://royalemodels.com/
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 07:20:14 AM by GaryHinshaw »

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
Re: New N scale vehicles store.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 01:04:56 PM »
+1
He is local to me here in the PNW.  He was at an operating session I was at a couple of weeks ago and yes, he has two, soon to be three Photons.
He had brought several of his models that he was taking photos of on the layout during lulls in the action, presumably for his website.
They are nice, mostly modern, though he is working on some older things as well.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 03:16:51 PM »
He has a GMC F Body "Crackerbox" which is like 1959 to 1968 production I think.

https://royalemodels.com/Shop/45-gmc-crackerbox-day-cab/#wbs1 Day Cab (also in sleeper cab)

Also have decals, though I did not check these.

Mark

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 03:30:29 PM »
He is local to me here in the PNW. ...

Interesting. I perused the site and immediately thought "Australian". All I figure is three-axle trailers must be a regional thing because we don't see them in the Midwest. Same goes for the "grain train" double hoppers; my reaction to those was "Whaaaaaaaat?".

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +992
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 03:54:01 PM »
Heck, in Michigan there are 8 axle trailers (for hauling steel rolls).
George
NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 04:07:05 PM »
Interesting. I perused the site and immediately thought "Australian". All I figure is three-axle trailers must be a regional thing because we don't see them in the Midwest. Same goes for the "grain train" double hoppers; my reaction to those was "Whaaaaaaaat?".

There are a lot of 3 axle trailers in Canada and Alaska .. Ice Road Truckers :)

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +542
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 05:01:32 PM »
5 axle trailers are very common in Utah.
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +982
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 06:46:56 PM »

Yeah like @John  said tridoms are pretty common up here in Canada (not just for ice roads tho  :trollface:) keep that axle loading down and gvwr up...

And I see 2 hopper Super B trailers all the time. I imagine they are even common where you are... His looks like a Doepker prototype.

http://www.doepker.com/public/uploads/uploads_product/3/Steel_Super_B_Gallery.jpg

The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface:

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 07:59:26 PM »
I watch a show on netflix .. Highway Through Hell --- up in BC . .. they show a lot of those 3 axle trailers and combos ..

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 08:40:22 PM »
... And I see 2 hopper Super B trailers all the time. I imagine they are even common where you are... His looks like a Doepker prototype. ...

Nope - never seen them before. DOTs around here (I used to be a management consultant for MO, IL and NE DOTs, plus others) are pretty conservative about what they will allow on the road, as the really, really heavy stuff frankly hastens the crumbling of the older infrastructure we can't keep up with as it is. Long doubles, which is what those hoppers qualify as, are limited to specific states. It used to be just Nevada and Utah, but as I gather from comments here apparently other states have caved-in to the truck lobbies.

Thinking about it, IIRC from a couple of years ago in Portland, apparently Oregon allows long doubles in certain corridors, so yeah, I guess it's a thing. :(

rodsup9000

• Crew
  • Respect: +644
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 09:16:04 PM »
   Around here in the midwest, as Mike said, they have enough problems keeping the highways in shape. There is one corridor that does allow them and that is  KC to OK line via the Kansas Turnpike. It does have a 120,00 pound limit and total length of 135 feet. I used to run double 48"s to Tulsa via the Kansas and Will Rogers Turnpike's around 2000.       
Rodney

My Feather River Canyon in N-scale
http://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=31585.0

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 10:03:24 PM »
@C855B that's interesting how regulations differ...
Those 30 foot super B trailers are small around here in Western Canada...

On the Trans Canada and hw 2 (closest things we have to interstates) they regularly run 53' trailers in doubles.

https://s29755.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Bison_Canad_running_doubles_2-1.jpg

I watch a show on netflix .. Highway Through Hell --- up in BC . .. they show a lot of those 3 axle trailers and combos ..

Enjoy that show as well... It's a fun highway to drive on if you can avoid the traffic...

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2019, 10:08:19 PM »
Here's a couple interesting charts showing which states allow various combinations...