Author Topic: Lighting questions - Rapido Comet  (Read 256 times)

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +509
Lighting questions - Rapido Comet
« on: June 10, 2019, 05:12:13 AM »
Will both cab and coach pick up lighting from the rails? Will the cab car include a DCC decoder? Any idea who you would use as a DCC supplier?

This might be a good candidate for a Next18 connector for those (few of us) who want to add sound.
Dan's Train Company
Forcing grandma to make my trains since 2019.

peteski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1849
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Lighting questions - Rapido Comet
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 05:14:46 AM »
Will both cab and coach pick up lighting from the rails? Will the cab car include a DCC decoder? Any idea who you would use as a DCC supplier?

This might be a good candidate for a Next18 connector for those (few of us) who want to add sound.

Hmm . . . that brings up another interesting question:  How will they handle the design of the inside-bearing trucks?  Will those be as poor-rolling as the old Bachmann Amfleets, or the Athearn Bi-level cars, or slightly more free-rolling, like Kato Amfleets?
--- Peteski de Snarkski
--- Honorary Resident Curmudgeon

nuno81291

• Crew
  • Respect: +161
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 11:32:43 AM »
+1
I’m interested to see the truck too. My walthers (HO) amfleets have earned the name “Amstones”. They are bricks.
Guilford Rail System in the 80s/90s

greenwizard88

• Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 01:57:11 PM »
Generally, I think Rapido uses power pickup for HO and battery power for N scale. I read somewhere that they're still trying to figure out the cab car, you'll probably need a forum post from them to clarify.
I’m interested to see the truck too. My walthers (HO) amfleets have earned the name “Amstones”. They are bricks.
I sold mine even before getting out of HO. There's no point in keeping them when you can't run them. The fact that the lighting was completely bonkers wrong made it a no-brainer.