Author Topic: JTC Releases APRIL - First Time in N Scale - Flatracks with Collapsible ends  (Read 3298 times)

JaxTerminal

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • Jacksonville Terminal Company

NEW FLATRACKS RELEASE: -   Hello N Scale Modelers,

If you like to hear the words "First time in N-scale" or "Never been done before in N-scale" well JTC's product line is just for you. We have an extensive action packed 2019 new product line release schedule that will support the "Firsts" to the market for N-scale. With that being said, the flatracks were shipped to our national distributors and direct dealers on Wednesday of this week. Each Jewel Box pack contains 6 total models; (2) 20ft Standard, (2) 40ft Standard, and (2) 40ft High Cube. Each pair in the individual sets are the same paint schemes but have different numbers.

We have loads coming in 2019 that will compliment these models on any layout. Each model is equipped with magnets for a variety of layout situations, such as flat stacking, stacking of JTC containers, Chassis connection, and our loads with metal plates, which will NOT fall off during run time. If you have any suggested loads and photos please send them our way to be considered for production.  We also look forward to seeing the variety of customized Loads that N Scalers will make for these flatracks.

Here are the links to each six pack set. They should be getting to dealers next week so be on the lookout.

****AVAILABLE NOW ****

6-pack Set # 1
https://jtcmodeltrains.com/collections/flatrack-containers-with-collapsible-ends/products/flatrack-containers-assortment-set-1-jtc-402551

6-pack Set #2
https://jtcmodeltrains.com/collections/flatrack-containers-with-collapsible-ends/products/flatrack-containers-assortment-set-2-jtc-402552

The JTC Team

And here is a Link to a pdf Announcement. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1959/5441/files/Announcement_-_Flatracks_Sets_OFFICE_PICS.pdf?53&fbclid=IwAR3OGV55LiyM72nh_eBlCpabHzdJNgI9tBt8ydUmhwNY8LgCG7ow5IShaNM

EnJoy,
The JTC Team
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:51:27 PM by JaxTerminal »
Container Models Released as of 11-2022:
ALL NEW TOOLINGS: 53' 8-55-8 HC; 40' Standard 8'6": 40' HC; 20' Std; 40' Open/canvas top; 53' HC 6-42-6 sided; 20', 40' & 40' HC Flatrack containers; 48' HC; 20' Std Tanks; 20', 40' & 53' Chassis; 40' std SS & Panel, 40' HC Reefers; 40' Pwr Gen units!

Wardie

• Crew
  • Respect: +34
What is the approximate era for these?

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +830
Wow! Those look great! :o :o :o

Glenn Poole

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
I went looking for proto pictures of these in well cars but could only find them on flat cars.  Did they run in well cars also?
Glenn

JaxTerminal

• Crew
I went looking for proto pictures of these in well cars but could only find them on flat cars.  Did they run in well cars also?

Yes sir, they did and do, flatracks travel like any other container. however, oversize cargo loads could limit them to flatcars or 'top load only'.

ALL NEW TOOLINGS: 53' 8-55-8 HC; 40' Standard 8'6": 40' HC; 20' Std; 40' Open/canvas top; 53' HC 6-42-6 sided; 20', 40' & 40' HC Flatrack containers; 48' HC; 20' Std Tanks; 20', 40' & 53' Chassis; 40' std SS & Panel, 40' HC Reefers; 40' Pwr Gen units!

bman

• Crew
  • I gotta have more Conrail!
  • Respect: +160
I've seen these loaded in the top position in well cars on NS stack trains in town here. They look to be loaded with drilling pipe. It's at dusk or night and they are flying by at track speed.

I've no idea what era these are decorated for. While the design is a bit different, BN called their's Versadeck back in the mid-90's. One of my books mentions UP using flatracks as well in that same mid-90's time frame but no photos. Of the 6 books/modeling guides I have on intermodal there's not a lot mentioned concerning flatracks other than they exist. But the companies that are represented by these offerings, Cronos, Evergreen, Genstar, OOCL, and Textainer, all existed in the 90's. So I'm guessing it is possible that these where used from then on through today as they are still are operating if I'm not mistaken. I probably know enough to be dangerous though. 

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
So when did these things first hit the rails? (the models look fantastic!)

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +542
Now we need tanks like those in the second to last photo.
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

JaxTerminal

• Crew
Here's a good photo from the Railcarphotos.com site:

-

Tanks !   Due Q3 2019.

from the MRH show report:  https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/35729

Flatracks have been in use at least since the 1980's. Like box containers they have evolved and went through several design configurations.

JTC-Steve
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:48:47 PM by JaxTerminal »

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1326
If I remember right, there were bulkhead containers in the early 70s, but they had fixed ends.  I doubt that these were around in 1974, but they do look neat.
N Kalanaga
Be well

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
On another note, tank containers were configured somewhat differently in the 70s:  :D

http://www.boxcars.us/Boxcars_M_Z/TP-TZ/pages/image119.html

Mark

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1326
I kitbashed a tank container for my narrow gauge, but don't remember actually seeing any in the Northwest before we moved to Kentucky in 1978.
N Kalanaga
Be well

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +830
The pic with a spine car carrying a Flatrack container carrying a bus is pretty cool, but what if it was a spine car carrying a Flatrack carrying a container chassis carrying a tank container! :trollface: ;)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3130
    • Designer at Keystone Details
^^^^^At that point it would know Kevin Bacon!

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +128
    • Trains N Scale
Here's a pair of interesting photos of a Reachstacker with a flatrack containing a small vessel.

With all of the new N-Scale containers that have been released over the past few years, I was hoping someone would issue (or reissue in the case of the previously released 1:150 Scale Chinese manufactured Japanese imports) a contemporary Hyster or Kalamar Reachstacker model (i.e., like the HO-Scale Kibri kit) that could handle twenty to fifty-three foot containers.

Unfortunately, the previously released Raygo Wagner PC-90 Piggy Packer models are really too old for contemporary twenty-first century intermodal operations.