Author Topic: Challenge #3: Ttrak Module Challenge - Voting Starts Soon! Entries Due 6/10  (Read 13771 times)

Mark W

• Crew
  • Respect: +2125
    • Free-moNebraska
Re: Challenge #3: 90 Day Ttrak Module Challenge - Prizes
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 11:39:14 PM »
OK, now that the TTrak module challenge is underway, let's talk prizes!

The winner, chosen by popular vote, will receive their choice of any of CG N Scale's product offerings.

http://www.cgnscale.com/Nscale.html

Now, originally, I planned to award a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize, but seeing how there are currently just 6 entries (one being my own), I am going to cut it down to only a first place prize for this challenge.
To make up for that, sometime over the next several weeks I will start a few "Weekend Challenges" where a topic or theme will be announced on Wednesday, entries will be accepted through Sunday, and voting will begin Monday. Each Weekend Challenge will have a specific prize, or offer a selection from a specific lot of prizes.  I already have a few topics in mind, but I'd love to hear your ideas.  I'll try to go with the popular themes. 

Happy modeling!

Contact me about custom model building.
Learn more about Free-moNebraska.
Learn more about HOn3-mo.

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
Re: Challenge #3: 90 Day Ttrak Module Challenge
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 02:26:50 PM »
I regret to inform you that some changes in personnel at work (we're losing two attorneys in the next two weeks) are going to crush me, because I will be required to carry the work of several attorneys at our firm for the next few months (handling their current clients and previously scheduled hearings and trials).  My workload has already been slammed for the past few weeks because of this.  Today, for example, I have seven appointments scheduled (and I'm trying to get an eighth client into the office this afternoon to sign documents), partially because we're not setting new consultations with the attorneys on short time.  I am not throwing in the hat yet, but I fear that I will not be able to put in the time to finish my T-TRAK module by the end of this challenge.  :(

Just a heads-up,
DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +542
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 02:42:14 PM »
Boooooooo! Quiters suck! (Not you, the attorneys that are leaving)
 So how many billable hours are you expecting over the next few months? (Says the head partner)  :trollface:
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 02:43:55 PM »
Boooooooo! Quiters suck! (Not you, the attorneys that are leaving)
 So how many billable hours are you expecting over the next few months? (Says the head partner)  :trollface:

Haha!  Let's just say that the boss noted that my billable hours last week were above and beyond.  Sadly, that is going to be a way of life for the next several months.  :facepalm:

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 03:00:29 PM »
+1
I hope you don't start charging us .1 hours for every post reply.

Darth Vader

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5396
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
+1
It's okay to change horses.  Maybe you can change the theme to Aberdeen... Afterall, you have that nice station already...  No one said you have to build everything from the ground up... Lord knows I'm not!
That said, I dig what you're saying about work.  I've got to get past my willful procrastination and get a lot of stuff done this week before I go to Ohio on Friday for a family memorial service... 
Billable hours... billable hours...  keep on rolling them in!
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 04:38:11 PM »
I hope you don't start charging us .1 hours for every post reply.

Nah.  Check the signature line under my posts.  I've been General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry. for more than ten years.  I've been charging the time for my posts all of this time to @wm3798.  Good thing I don't post like @peteski;)

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2019, 04:40:47 PM »
+1
It's okay to change horses.  Maybe you can change the theme to Aberdeen... Afterall, you have that nice station already...  No one said you have to build everything from the ground up... Lord knows I'm not!
That said, I dig what you're saying about work.  I've got to get past my willful procrastination and get a lot of stuff done this week before I go to Ohio on Friday for a family memorial service... 
Billable hours... billable hours...  keep on rolling them in!
Lee

That's a good idea, but that station is taking up a spot on Aly's layout.  She loves it, and that means the world to me.  I just can't take it back.  At least not until she's bored with model trains.  Just this weekend, she said that she'll want the newest Kato North Pole Express train for next Christmas.  She's trying to build up quite the fleet!  Just a chip off the ol' block.  :)

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2019, 05:36:56 PM »
That's a good idea, but that station is taking up a spot on Aly's layout.  She loves it, and that means the world to me.  I just can't take it back.  At least not until she's bored with model trains.  Just this weekend, she said that she'll want the newest Kato North Pole Express train for next Christmas.  She's trying to build up quite the fleet!  Just a chip off the ol' block.  :)

DFF
Keep that fire stoked! I can't remember if it was on trw or in a local newsletter about how at a recent show there was a time saver type layout that was hands on for the older kids. The girls were far more interested in it and loved participating in figuring out how to get everything where it needed to be. I've been noticing also that girls seem to be very interested in the scenery aspect at our local shows. Boys just want the trains to go faster.

Darth Vader

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4592
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2019, 11:15:45 PM »
Nah.  Check the signature line under my posts.  I've been General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry. for more than ten years.  I've been charging the time for my posts all of this time to @wm3798.  Good thing I don't post like @peteski;)

DFF

If I only had a penny for every bit of "Peteski's wisdom" I have dispensed here . . .   :D
. . . 42 . . .

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2019, 11:26:56 PM »
If I only had a penny for every bit of "Peteski's wisdom" I have dispensed here . . .   :D
Even if every post had some tidbit of wisdom you'd still be shy of 200 bucks over the course of seven years. Not a great payout, kinda like buying model trains as an investment.  :trollface:

Darth Vader

wm3798

• Crew
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 04:36:14 PM »
Friendly reminder... The TTrak challenge voting begins in just 32 days from today (4-13)    June 10
Check your progress, check your competition, and make it a productive weekend!  (or in my case, don't be productive at all and just work on your modules!)

Post your progress if you have any to show!
Lee
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:40:41 PM by wm3798 »
Rockin' It Old School

wm3798

• Crew
Re: Challenge #3: 90 Day Ttrak Module Challenge - Deadline Extended!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2019, 12:39:34 PM »
Deadline has been fixed...  I originally thought mid May would give us 90 days, but that was about 3 weeks short based on the original Challenge Announcement.  I've fixed that, so now the deadline for entries is Monday June 10

This gives those of us who plan to meet up at Railfest in New Jersey can click together a display prior to voting, and gives everyone else the actual 90 days, plus a few, as advertised in the original challenge.

Sorry about the confusion!  Now keep up the good work!

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

randgust

• Crew
  • Respect: +2035
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 03:38:37 PM »
Hmmmmmm.

I really need to finish the Jamison, PA module, or the Thompson module, or even get started on the McCabe Lumber N/Nn3 module...

June 10?  Arrrgh.    But I do have to admit I have all the materials on hand, no good excuse there at all.

Last year it about killed me to get anything actually FINISHED by August, but it happened for Altoona - Trunkeyville, PA module, and the year before that, Hickory Bridge.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:41:13 PM by randgust »

wm3798

• Crew
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 11:24:05 AM »
30 Day Warning!
On June 10, participants will post their final photos of the TTrak Module(s) they have entered in the challenge, at whatever stage of completion they have achieved.

To keep things semi organized and reasonably competitive, I suggest that we limit photos to six per entry, with at least one overview shot of the entire module(s), and the rest of whatever details you wish to include.

These may include clever leveling solutions, specialized trackwork, scenery elements, or anything else that you feel makes your entry the best it can be.

I haven't really put much thought into judging categories/criteria, so let's keep it simple with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd based on overall voting, which is open to the entire Railwire cast of characters.  There's time to change that up if anyone has any suggestions to offer.

We should also see what kind of fabulous prizes might be rounded up.  I have a couple of things in mind, but again, we're open to any and all suggestions.  But let's discuss that in a different thread...

Now get back to work on those entries!
All the Best
Lee
Rockin' It Old School