Author Topic: Brickwork  (Read 304 times)

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +228
Brickwork
« on: December 29, 2018, 06:30:51 PM »
Has anyone tried to do any brickwork with the Anycubic Photon? I love old mills and other industrial buildings and around here they’re all made of brick. Plain brick is straight forward, there are already products that work fine for that, but then there are arched windows, which are more common than flat-topped ones, and this is where I run into trouble. It has occurred to me that this printer may be capable of printing these sorts of details.
Before I rush out and buy one I thought I’d check and see if anyone has already tried it. If so, how did it work out?

narrowminded

• Crew
  • Respect: +355
Re: Brickwork
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 08:32:05 PM »
Has anyone tried to do any brickwork with the Anycubic Photon? I love old mills and other industrial buildings and around here they’re all made of brick. Plain brick is straight forward, there are already products that work fine for that, but then there are arched windows, which are more common than flat-topped ones, and this is where I run into trouble. It has occurred to me that this printer may be capable of printing these sorts of details.
Before I rush out and buy one I thought I’d check and see if anyone has already tried it. If so, how did it work out?

While I haven't done bricks yet I see no reason why it wouldn't work.  If you can draw it, it will print it.  Pay attention to the size of the build window compared to what size you envision making.  That's the short answer. :)
Mark G.

Thunderhawk

• Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »
Suggestions on minimum depths and widths that one can print with a Photon? Looking at picking one up for small jobs and detail parts.

What are people seeing as minimums that don't disappear?

This looked like a good tread to ask in with the mortar lines, but also curious for things like siding and wainscoting.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:16:33 PM by Thunderhawk »

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +228
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 09:03:52 PM »
I’ve been doing 0.06mm motor lines. That’s about 1/2” in N scale, and they come out. They’re the same depth and width. I’ve tried it with both 0.02mm layers and 0.05mm layers, I haven’t noticed much of s difference in quality, although there is a big difference in print time.