Author Topic: LokSound Loco Startup Fade-In?  (Read 820 times)

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +830
LokSound Loco Startup Fade-In?
« on: December 01, 2018, 01:04:14 AM »
All but one of my LokSound-equipped locos have a fade-in effect of the startup sequence when hitting F8, but only the first time during an ops session. Subsequent startups with F8 during the same ops session (without removing the loco from track power), there will be no fade-in of the startup sound sequence. It will be at the normal volume from the get go. Anyone know why there's this fade-in effect and if there's a way to disable it? I can't imagine why this is a desirable effect, but there must be a reason.

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
Re: LokSound Loco Startup Fade-In?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 08:38:28 AM »
Russ,

I haven't performed a scientific study on this, but, in my fleet, it seems that if I hit F8 before the locomotive idles down, that function acts as a mute, which cuts out and back on quickly.  If the engine is allowed to idle down, F8 will "shut down" the locomotive and require a "start-up."  See if that works for you.

Hope this helps,
DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

tehachapifan

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 12:11:23 PM »
Thanks, Dave. I've noticed that behavior too but I'm talking about the fade-in/slow volume increase upon the first loco sound startup once power is applied in an ops session, etc.

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 12:51:43 PM »
I've never noticed that.  Can you take a video, so we can see the specific behavior?

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

tehachapifan

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 01:25:18 PM »
Sorry, I'm not set up for posting videos. For clarification, this is what I'm talking about....

1) Turn power on to layout with loco on track.

2) Hit F8 and loco prime mover startup sequence begins but with volume fade-in at beginning.

3) Hit F8 for loco prime mover shut down sequence but keep loco on track and layout powered afterwards.

4) Hit F8 again and loco prime mover startup sequence begins but no volume fade-in at beginning like before.