Author Topic: Kato Offering Custom Weathered FEF and German ICE train (not weathered :p).  (Read 1765 times)

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:06:41 PM by GaryHinshaw »

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
ICE trains are graffiti magnets:

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
Hmm. What's the problem with offering the FEF in 8444 trim for us '60s and '70s modelers? I have an 844 set aside for that... yet another project in the bench queue. :rolleyes:

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4591
    • Coming (not so) soon...
ICE trains are graffiti magnets:

And what isn't nowadays?  And Europe is not any better than U.S. (and I hoped that European countries had more civilized population).   :|
. . . 42 . . .

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
And what isn't nowadays?  And Europe is not any better than U.S. (and I hoped that European countries had more civilized population).   :|

Dream on Pete. I caught *this* in Slovenia last summer  :facepalm:
Otto

peteski

• Crew
Dream on Pete. I caught *this* in Slovenia last summer  :facepalm:
Otto

I know - I visited Polant last Spring and saw lots of "artwork" there too.  And spray paint is not cheap - so those "artists" are throwing some good money into their "projects".  Big part of the world has gone through a cultural shift of sorts.
. . . 42 . . .

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models

Very true...

The Kato ICE could come with Trainsurfers as an option.

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
I know - I visited Polant last Spring and saw lots of "artwork" there too.  And spray paint is not cheap - so those "artists" are throwing some good money into their "projects".  Big part of the world has gone through a cultural shift of sorts.

Pete, you dear naive decent person, they don't actually*pay*for the paint; there is a reason spray cans are locked in cages in this country😜
Otto

peteski

• Crew
Pete, you dear naive decent person, they don't actually*pay*for the paint; there is a reason spray cans are locked in cages in this country😜
Otto

:facepalm:
So only in U.S. they pay for spray paint?  :?
Or is there a huge black market for spray paint (and even regular paint, since some "art" spans an entire car) that fell off a truck?
I thought there were custom lines of spray paints made specifically for tagging.  And how come none of those paint heists ever make it into the news?  It is not like they can just stuff few cans into their pants - those guys need cases full of spray cans.  They would have to be breaking into paint warehouses (not art stores).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:00:22 AM by peteski »
. . . 42 . . .

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
                            :|While they are at it why doesn't KATO do other locomotive numbers on their FEF 3 it would be easy new cab numbers say 836, 839 and new front numbers? Nate Goodman (Nato). The website does not say whether or not the weathered loco will be DCC.    :|

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +713
Re: Kato Offering Custom Weathered FEF and German ICE train (not weathered :p).
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 06:39:19 PM »
Otto