Author Topic: Atlas/BLMA Part - Have I Hit A Nerve?  (Read 1788 times)

BCR751

• Crew
  • A.K.A. Mr. Goodenough
  • Respect: +78
Atlas/BLMA Part - Have I Hit A Nerve?
« on: November 02, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
I have sent numerous emails to Atlas asking if they will be bringing back the BLMA Part#74, Angled Cab Sunshades.  So far, I have had no response.  Does Atlas just not respond to emails or have I possibly hit a nerve with this request?

Doug
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:49:22 PM by GaryHinshaw »

Mark W

• Crew
  • Respect: +1549
    • Free-moNebraska
Re: Atlas/BLMA Part - Have I Hit A Nerve?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »
+3
I imagine their employees have more higher priority tasks to focus on instead of answering hundreds of product requests every day. 
Support CGNscale on Patreon!

Contact me about custom model building.
Learn more about Free-moNebraska.

flight2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:33:01 PM »
+1
Why not just use the Gold Medal Models version from their Diesel Detail Set #7.  I preferred those over the BLMA version because they hold up better over the long run IMHO.  As an added bonus, you also get windshield wipers and lift rings.   :D

https://www.modeltrainstuff.com/gold-medal-models-n-160-07-diesel-locomotive-detailing-set/

Cheers,
Brian

I've never met a covered hopper I didn't like.... :)

Joetrain59

• Crew
  • Respect: +59
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 06:13:09 PM »
Doug, make sure you send e-mail to correct dep't at Atlas. See website. They have always responded to e-mails I've sent.
  Yes, we want BLMA detail parts. The factory situation has likely foiled things for bringing the parts back. They did issue a purchase order for parts awhile ago though.
 Joe D

BCR751

• Crew
  • A.K.A. Mr. Goodenough
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 06:53:54 PM »
+2
Thanks for the replies.

First:   I have some of the Gold Medal ones and they don't compare to the BLMA ones.  Sure, they may be stronger but the BLMA ones are much more realistic so I'll stick with those, if I can get them.

Second:  I sent the emails to their customer service email address.

Third:  If their employees have better things to do than answer customer inquiries, Atlas has bigger problems.  I, for one, don't think that this is the case.  They may just be really busy or the Chinese factory shutdown crap has had an effect .  I wouldn't have mentioned anything except for the fact that I first sent emails starting about mid-August.  I feel I should have heard  something by now even if it's a "we got your email, we'll get back to you soon".

Doug

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 08:50:35 PM »
How many days have passed?

Mark

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +309
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 09:14:25 PM »
I wouldn't have mentioned anything except for the fact that I first sent emails starting about mid-August.

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +698
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 09:51:47 PM »
+1
You might try the Trainworx part #201:

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 10:19:01 PM »
For a while my emails to Atlas ended up in their spam folders for some reason - I ended up having to give them a phone call to get it resolved.

Mark

GhengisKong

• Crew
  • Respect: +65
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 11:54:50 AM »
I've used the Trainworx version and they are excellent stand ins for the BLMA/Atlas version.

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +796
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 12:50:08 PM »
I also use the TrainWorx parts. I find the quality and appearance are both very nice. They are also available, which is a huge advantage.
Karl
CEO of the Skally Line, an Eastern MN Shortline.

Atlas Paul

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 08:44:23 AM »
+1
I have sent numerous emails to Atlas asking if they will be bringing back the BLMA Part#74, Angled Cab Sunshades.  So far, I have had no response.  Does Atlas just not respond to emails or have I possibly hit a nerve with this request?

Doug

Doug,

I am not sure why your emails aren't getting answered, but if you PM me your email address I can have our IT people look into where the messages are ending up.

There was a Purchase Order for some of the BLMA parts placed with the factory that is shutting down.  At this point, I don't think they are going to fill it, so we will need to find another source for those items.  We will also be taking orders on a series of parts with our November announcements, with the expectation that those parts will be available in early 2019.

BCR751

• Crew
  • A.K.A. Mr. Goodenough
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 11:52:36 AM »
Doug,

I am not sure why your emails aren't getting answered, but if you PM me your email address I can have our IT people look into where the messages are ending up.

There was a Purchase Order for some of the BLMA parts placed with the factory that is shutting down.  At this point, I don't think they are going to fill it, so we will need to find another source for those items.  We will also be taking orders on a series of parts with our November announcements, with the expectation that those parts will be available in early 2019.

Thanks for the information Paul.  I'll send you my email. 

And, I kinda figured that the lack of the mentioned BLMA part might have been caught up in the plant closure thing.  I hope that gets resolved and Part #BLMA74 winds up getting produced somewhere.

Doug

eja

• Crew
  • Respect: +70
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 12:11:53 PM »
+1

By early 2019, I suspect many won't even remember BLMA existed.   

Where did Craig get the parts made ?  Why not use his manufacturer ?

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 06:49:01 PM »
+1
By early 2019, I suspect many won't even remember BLMA existed.   

Where did Craig get the parts made ?  Why not use his manufacturer ?

I think they were made in the factory that shut down ..