Author Topic: Penn Station  (Read 1445 times)

aikorob

• Crew
  • Respect: +52
Penn Station
« on: October 15, 2018, 08:13:20 PM »

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
Re: Penn Station
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:42:22 PM »
As someone who has traveled to and from New York City by train, I really like this idea.  The current iteration of Penn Station is god-awful.  I can only imagine what it would cost, though.  :scared:

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8028
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 11:13:47 AM »
As someone who has traveled to and from New York City by train, I really like this idea.  The current iteration of Penn Station is god-awful.  I can only imagine what it would cost, though.  :scared:

DFF

"We used to enter the city like kings, now we enter like rats."

Seriously, NYP is the worst right now. I understand why, but I'd love a better experience.

Doug G.

• Crew
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 05:08:16 PM »
The demolition of Pennsylvania Station is the epitome of what happens when people get absolutely stupid. I remember when it happened and, although I was only 11 years old at the time, that's how I felt about it and still do.

Doug
Atlas First Generation Motive Power and Treble-O-Lectric. Click on the link:
www.irwinsjournal.com/a1g/a1glocos/

Tristan Ashcroft

• Crew
  • Respect: +80
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 07:24:34 AM »
+1
"We used to enter the city like kings, now we enter like rats."

Seriously, NYP is the worst right now. I understand why, but I'd love a better experience.

One option to get closer to surface level and have sane grades would be to come in under Verazano Narrows (and put a major station in Brooklynn I guess?)  The P considered that in 1905 or thereabouts before choosing to come straight into Mahatten.  The Verrazano Narrows option wouldn’t be bad these days, although it might not be a best option for what to do directly at the Penn Station location.