Author Topic: CSX Cumberland Division  (Read 6604 times)

Smike

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
Re: CSX Cumberland Division
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2019, 10:51:49 AM »
These are the projects I love, big, detailed & accurate bridges. This is turning out real nice.

Bob

• Crew
  • Respect: +87
Signals outside the Harpers Ferry tunnel portal
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2019, 11:27:36 PM »
+2
Immediately outside the Harpers Ferry tunnel portal are two signals - one for the double track mainline (3 lights over 2) and one for the Winchester branch (two single targets over a 3 light unit).  Well, I don't have the skill to make signals like this, and they are not commercially available, but fortunately for me Richard from Custom Signal Systems came to the rescue.  Richard seems to able to make most anything, and he quickly made signals to match the prototype, and they arrived in the mail today.  I am very excited by this - the top row of the attached image shows the 3 over 2 signal Richard produced, with a photo of the real thing for comparison, while the bottom row shows the 1-1-3 signal that he made.  Note that he put the ladder to the side of this one, just like the prototype - how cool is that!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

diezmon

• Crew
  • Do they speak English in "What"?
  • Respect: +106
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2019, 12:13:44 PM »
I came across this 1940s film on YouTube that I believe shows the scene you are creating. Go to the 6:45 mark of the video and you'll see the Harpers Ferry tunnel portal, followed by a wide shot of the bridges. The entire film is pretty fun to watch.

/>
Thanks for sharing your work, by the way. It's stunning.

"..shows them to their seats and gives them menus, Large cards with lists of food, so that each can choose the kind of food he likes." 

Were menus a new thing at the time?   :lol: :P

Great work. i'm loving this thread.

CRL

• Crew
  • Respect: +109
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2019, 01:27:37 PM »
Back then, even many restaurants only served “lunch”, which was like the “blue plate special”. On a train, being able to order from a menu with multiple options was a big deal.