Author Topic: MB Klein milestone  (Read 3843 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2098
Re: MB Klein milestone
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 07:32:51 PM »
There is one thing I like about MBK, they do not do preorders. They will not list it until they have received it.

That is the one thing that bothers me . I don't want to have to look many times to see if it came . If I have decided a new MTL release is coming and I want it , I will order it from the first that advertises it . Time consuming disappointments are a downer . Just last month , FRT first stop , looks like Chuck is not maintaining that site as he did before FachaBook . Then MBK , not luck with upcoming MTL . So I tried another friend , Pete and wasn't he retiring ? Well BLW had it listed , ordered it , got it , via a peculiar way , but done and over .

Richie Dost

atsf3751

• Crew
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 09:25:06 PM »
MTL just released the two car set of weathered Reading boxcars and I decided I wanted it and no one listed it. I finally found it on eBay sold by Hogtrainz (Pete Postel's brother), now it is everywhere. :)
Marty Young
San Diego, CA

ryan_wilkerson

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
    • ShastaRails.com
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 12:59:44 AM »
Thanks Tom. Hopefully they come through with that feature, it's very helpful. I know I would end up purchasing more items from MBK if it was working.
-Ryan

I sent them an email about that some weeks ago, and the answer came back as "no", but with a hint of "not yet"- I think the company itself would like to have the feature back, but as of the date of that email, it had not been recreated.

HOWEVER, the "email me when in stock" feature for "out of stock" items is operating as always. I know it works- that's how I got my Atlas baggage car.

Albert in N

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 08:26:12 AM »
 :)  My order arrived yesterday.  USPS delivered on Labor Day!  The order was complete and packed expertly.  My order condition was mint condition, and not closeout cracked tagged boxes like some of their competitors. Modeltrainstuff is my choice source for hard to find supplies, plus often the lowest price.  BTW, their website ordering and tracking worked well for me.

Blazeman

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2018, 12:51:02 PM »
MTL just released the two car set of weathered Reading boxcars and I decided I wanted it and no one listed it. I finally found it on eBay sold by Hogtrainz (Pete Postel's brother), now it is everywhere. :)

Got a notice from Train Life that they had the set for $35.99 last week and by Friday, they were in my mailbox. 

mike in bc

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2018, 05:31:56 PM »
Ordered 5 MT reefers with cheap shipping to Canada, Took it about 2 and 1/2 weeks to get here but I know that what it takes between involving the US Post Office and Canada Post.
Its hit or miss if I have to pay $9.95 Handling and 12%Tax when it gets to my door.
Didn't have to pay it this time so I saved $16.45 Cdn. a car this time over buying them in the store which is in another city. :D