Author Topic: N scale Dash 8 video link  (Read 2449 times)

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +907
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: N scale Dash 8 video link
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 12:25:53 AM »
A GP40-2L would only work if we were doing a whole range of GMD 4-axle units. That's a large undertaking.

-Jason

Or you toolnthe correct she’ll and sell them to Atlas as a joint venture. I need three or four for the various KCS versions.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

lock4244

• Crew
  • Ontario - tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax
  • Respect: +89
    • My train pics
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »
A GP40-2L would only work if we were doing a whole range of GMD 4-axle units. That's a large undertaking. Let me see what the final numbers are for the Dash 8 and then we can look at other model ranges.

So far the Dash 8 orders are good. It will be interesting to see which ends up selling more - the Dash 8 or the FL9.

-Jason

Well, that's not a no. I could pontificate and wag my finger on the virtues of you guys doing the GP40-2L as an eager James Hill once did regarding the St Paul & Pacific, but I suspect that'd be annoying for you.

I would just suck to have road specific GP38's and GP40's  :D
Welcome to Ontario... we've got a tax for that.
My train pics:
http://tinyurl.com/62uk24
More here:
http://www.railpictures.ca/author/lock4244

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +508
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 10:58:20 PM »
I love that there seems to be an Amtrak RTL Turboliner reference in all the recent N scale videos..

If that turns out to be an epic troll, I'll be very disappointed...   :scared:

~Ian
“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” ~Homer Simpson

rapidotrains

• Crew
  • Respect: +263
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 10:45:16 PM »
I love that there seems to be an Amtrak RTL Turboliner reference in all the recent N scale videos..

If that turns out to be an epic troll, I'll be very disappointed...   :scared:

~Ian

Jordan has been pushing for the Turboliner since he started at Rapido. I honestly don't know if it would be profitable in N or HO. We'll have to do more research.

He directed that last video, and he was hugely involved in the TurboTrain video. Anything he's involved with has Turboliners all over it....  I wonder what he'll do if we ever make the darn thing.

-Jason

rapidotrains

• Crew
  • Respect: +263
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 10:47:45 PM »
+5
Or you toolnthe correct she’ll and sell them to Atlas as a joint venture. I need three or four for the various KCS versions.

One thing many of us in the industry have learned the hard way is that you can't rely on someone else's factory, nor can you rely on another company staying with the same management or ownership. So if you design something as a joint venture and someone's factory closes or the company is sold, you could find yourself with one half of a project missing.

We have another N scale project 99% designed and a third one about 75% designed. You won't be starved for Rapido N scale. Two of the next three projects to go into the mould shop are N scale.

-Jason

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +200
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2018, 03:10:17 AM »
We have another N scale project 99% designed and a third one about 75% designed. You won't be starved for Rapido N scale. Two of the next three projects to go into the mould shop are N scale.

@rapidotrains bring on the N Scale EP-5 Jets :D
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 08:03:54 AM »

-Jason
Ooooo, you're such tease  :D
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +4001
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 10:03:23 AM »