Author Topic: Kato Unitrack, is there something that fits in the little holes on the bottom  (Read 1489 times)

Paradise275

• Crew
  • Respect: +13
I was wondering about the little holes underneath the Kato UniTrack.
Is there some little pin that fits the hole so the track can be held firm on a foam or cork board?

Rick

brill27mcb

• Crew
  • Respect: +35
No, you can open up the tops of the holes and then use small black screws to fasten the track pieces down. The tops are made unopened so that the topside appearance is not marred for people who don't do this. People also fasten the track pieces down with craft store adhesive or even hot-glue guns instead.

Rich K.
Tomix / EasyTrolley Modelers' Website
www.trainweb.org/tomix
N-Gauge Model Trolleys and Their History
www.trainweb.org/n-trolleys

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +384
Yes, the holes in the pegs are used by Kato in some track pieces for screws to fasten the track to bridge decks, cover plates, etc..
Charlie Vlk

ecfitzgerald

• Respect: +3
There are ttrak modules that use #2 screws from underneath that use these bosses.

Paradise275

• Crew
  • Respect: +13
Thanks for the info guys.
It's good to know you're still around Charlie.

Rick

NorsemanJack

• Crew
  • Respect: +32
Thanks for the info guys.
It's good to know you're still around Charlie.

Rick

+1  Hope you're doing well Charlie.

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +384
Thanks...
I’m doing fine.   Still actively consulting in the ModelRailroad Industry, mainly researching and preparing lettering and painting artwork for production models.
Also doing historical research on the Aurora-Chicago CB&Q line for a book. 
Still thinking about actually building an N Scale Railroad but the old bugaboo of nobody making a decent  looking and well built Code 55 turnout is still my primary excuse for not starting.  Also got invoved in 7 1/2” riding railroads since moving to the Nashville area. 
Charlie Vlk
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:48:33 PM by ncbqguy »

NorsemanJack

• Crew
  • Respect: +32
Still thinking about actually building an N Scale Railroad but the old bugaboo of nobody making a decent  looking and well built Code 55 turnout is still my primary excuse for not starting. 

Bollocks!  We have an accurate, high quality E5.  There are no more excuses!!   :D