Author Topic: Out of the Box SP/TNO/YVRR/VT 40-BP-15 Harriman Baggage Postal Car  (Read 2174 times)

orionfield

• Crew
  • Respect: +22
    • Out of the Box Models
This has been a long time coming! Here is the first version of our SP/TNO/YVRR/VT 40-BP-15 Baggage Postal Car.

This version is prototypical to the Yosemite Valley Railroad, and the TNO.

Here is a photo of it printed from GoEngineer:

Here is the bottom section, printed on our new Form2 Printer!

And the Roof, printed on our Form2:

These are available now.  We will remove the supports, and contact points before we ship the models.
https://outoftheboxmodels.com/collections/passenger-cars/products/n-scale-40-harriman-baggage-car-railroad-post-office
CEO of Out of The Box Models. Ask me about Commissioning a model kit!
www.outoftheboxmodels.com

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +985
Re: Out of the Box SP/TNO/YVRR/VT 40-BP-15 Harriman Baggage Postal Car
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 09:36:50 AM »
Congratulations on getting a model made on your new printer, and getting some higher res photos up.  I don't need that particular RPO car, but in honor of the occasion, I did "crowdfund" a couple of the SP box cars.  Late 20s composite (wood/steel) cars are among my favorite freight cars, so thanks for making these.

A note on the boxcars- the page said that shipping would be added, but there was no shipping added on the paypal invoice. (edit- I meant to add, fair is fair, so feel free to send an invoice for the shipping, if applicable). 

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:45:56 AM by thomasjmdavis »
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +1238
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 10:45:28 AM »
Congratulations on getting a model made on your new printer, and getting some higher res photos up.  I don't need that particular RPO car, but in honor of the occasion, I did "crowdfund" a couple of the SP box cars.  Late 20s composite (wood/steel) cars are among my favorite freight cars, so thanks for making these.

A note on the boxcars- the page said that shipping would be added, but there was no shipping added on the paypal invoice.

Thanks for mentioning those. The B&M had 2000 of those, although with different doors, and I've been wanting to model them.

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3118
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 11:35:03 AM »
@orionfield , I assume you would be willing to share more photos of the roof after the supports are removed?

Curious if you used the support generation tools or designed them yourself?

Don't forget to measure...  :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :D

orionfield

• Crew
    • Out of the Box Models
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:42:11 PM »
@orionfield , I assume you would be willing to share more photos of the roof after the supports are removed?

Curious if you used the support generation tools or designed them yourself?

Don't forget to measure...  :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :D

I will get that photo with the supports removed. Those are the default supports, so far it hasn't been an issue. We're still going through and printing all of our models to see if they work, and price them.

I'm just so happy that this all worked out. Those two parts used to cost us $20.20 for the body, and $20.10 for the roof from GoEngineer, now on our Form2, they cost $2.11 for the Body, and $1.74 for the roof, and I feel the quality is fantastic for that price, not to mention 3D printing isn't taking me to the cleaners anymore!

A note on the boxcars- the page said that shipping would be added, but there was no shipping added on the paypal invoice. (edit- I meant to add, fair is fair, so feel free to send an invoice for the shipping, if applicable). 

For the crowd-funds, shipping is on us. Don't worry about it.

orionfield

• Crew
    • Out of the Box Models
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 02:35:18 PM »
@Lemosteam Here is the roof without the supports. Just some light sanding needed to get rid of the remaining contact points.

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 03:47:47 AM »
???? How can a 3D printed product be "sold out"? Aren't these models printed up as they are ordered? Otherwise what's the point of "on demand" 3D printing?

Nick Lorusso

• Crew
  • Lets see what I'm modeling this week
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 09:59:02 AM »
@OldEastRR which model is sold out? On our crowd funding projects we put a certain amount at a discounted price to help fund the project. If it is one of those projects they will be available again just not at the discounted price. 
Regards,
Nick Lorusso
https://sbhrs.wildapricot.org/

mplsjct

• Crew
  • Respect: +391
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 05:28:18 PM »
Can the Burlington caboose be printed this way?
I’m not here to argue

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 11:10:02 AM »
+1
I just ordered a pair. :)

my only observation is that you may want to get rid of the hand rails, have dimples for drilling and installing wire of the modelers choice.  I've very excited this is finally being offered...consider this in HO as well (I'll be first in line)  I routinely print 40' cars on my Formlabs 2 printer with great results.  Sometimes you have to adjust the length in the software to compensate for what ever the heck is going on when you print some long stuff.

Anyway, great product, looking for more head end equipment.

Joe
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

orionfield

• Crew
    • Out of the Box Models
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2018, 05:52:06 PM »
Can the Burlington caboose be printed this way?

Yes it can, we're still working on testing all of its parts though. It should be available on the form2 in a week or two.