Author Topic: MOW Challenge - Southern Pacific speeder shed  (Read 1246 times)

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +888
    • My blog
MOW Challenge - Southern Pacific speeder shed
« on: April 29, 2018, 09:23:42 PM »

This is the Southern Pacific speeder shed in Casa Grande, AZ. It is 18×22, the sides, back and roof is metal, and the front is metal and wood. The shed was used for a speeder and repairs.

I drew up a scale plan on 1/4″ square graph paper using Grandt Line #8008 windows. While they are not correct, they are not too far off. They are smaller than the 4×6 prototype windows, and they have more than the prototype 8 panes.

I had a fresh sheet of 0.040″ styrene, some leftovers of metal roofing from the D’Amato Lumber project, and a small piece of freight car siding.

The three sides are plain styrene, the front is a combination of the freight car siding and plain styrene. I am using five Grandt Line windows, and the door is made out of more freight car siding. The siding is horizontal, and the door planks are vertical.

I will be shooting it with Tru Color Southern Pacific Colonial Yellow and brown. I gave up on taking pictures with my cell phone, all pictures of the model were taken with my tablet.

johnb

• Crew
    • My blog
Re: MOW Challenge - Southern Pacific speeder shed
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:10:28 PM »
Finishing up the speeder shed

johnb

• Crew
    • My blog
Re: MOW Challenge - Southern Pacific speeder shed