Author Topic: Zimo Sound Decoders & Brake Squeal Sound  (Read 950 times)

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +830
Zimo Sound Decoders & Brake Squeal Sound
« on: March 29, 2018, 02:12:06 PM »
I have had a couple Zimo MX649's operating on my layout for a while now but I've never been able to get the brake squeal sound to operate. I'm not even certain this is something that is supposed to come on automatically when stopping or if it has to be set up to be activated with a function key. No Function keys seem to activate it currently, however I have noticed F6 causes a more rapid stop of the locomotive and is accompanied with what sounds like might be a dynamic brake sound. If nothing else and since these are installed in switching locos, I would prefer the dynamic brake sound be substituted with a brake squeal sound if using a function key is the only option. I'm guessing that this can be done with the "CV#300 Procedures" but it's been a while since I played around with those. Last time I really had to immerse myself in that section of the manual to grasp how to do CV#300 changes but, once I got the hang of it, it was pretty straightforward and I was able to change the horn type. In this case and if using F6, I may have to change the sound category entirely (if that's even possible using CV#300). At any rate, anyone have experience with setting up brake squeals? Thx!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 02:24:35 PM by tehachapifan »