Author Topic: Prairie Shadows/Rapido FPA4  (Read 653 times)

Joetrain59

• Crew
  • Respect: +59
Prairie Shadows/Rapido FPA4
« on: February 21, 2018, 11:19:31 PM »
I bought an undec. version, and ran it only on DC for a few minutes, when I got it months ago. Just looking at it again, and the bag of detail parts and where they all go has me somewhat bewildered. Some are pretty obvious, like most of the grabs, the horn and bell. The parts diagram/list is not really helpful at all. Just #'s but no description of part. How did you handle installing parts on your undec. unit?
 Thanks,
 Joe D

Just looked at product pix on Prairie Shadows, and Rapido Sites. Don't see a photo with MU lines installed on pilot!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:40:16 AM by Joetrain59 »

Joetrain59

• Crew
Re: Prairie Shadows/Rapido FPA4
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 12:59:33 AM »
Bump.
I emptied the bag of detail parts, plenty of spares. I now see a few parts were already installed on loco. There are 4 identical parts, that look like steps, but not shown at all on parts list. Please show photos of your FPA's. I will take a photo later today. And I will mention this to Prairie Shadows, and Rapido.
 Thanks for any help.
 Joe D

ek2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 07:39:08 AM »
I posted mine some months back, you can search for the FPA4. It was a CN version though.

Joetrain59

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 11:11:11 PM »
Search yielded this thread. Meanwhile, attached is a photo of all the parts. It's really parts A that have me stumped. I don't see them listed on the enclosed parts sheet. Now Parts D are winterization hatches I guess. But I don't know exactly where on the top they would go? There are no holes for them. I can understand that, as one may not use them.
 Thanks,
 Joe D

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +2526
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 11:58:27 PM »
Search yielded this thread. Meanwhile, attached is a photo of all the parts. It's really parts A that have me stumped. I don't see them listed on the enclosed parts sheet. Now Parts D are winterization hatches I guess. But I don't know exactly where on the top they would go? There are no holes for them. I can understand that, as one may not use them.
 Thanks,
 Joe D

It could be possible that you would have to drill the holes (so the units which do not have the hatches do not have extra holes in the roof).  :|
--- Peteski de Snarkski

-"Look at me, I'm satirical!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm anal retentive!!!"
-"Look at me, I have the most posts evahhhh!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm snarky!!!!"
-"Look at me, I have OCD!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm a curmudgeon!!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm not negative, just blunt and honest!!!"

ek2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +22