Author Topic: Intermountain F7 & GEVO  (Read 2695 times)

ek2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
Intermountain F7 & GEVO
« on: November 14, 2017, 07:46:26 PM »
Intermountain sent the below response to my question on the availability of the F7 and GEVO units. Have to say that I'm very impressed with their responsiveness to queries like this (less than 12 hours).

"We have sent the PO's and artwork for the N Scale F units and are waiting for the factory to confirm that the new chassis design is complete.  Once it is, they will send samples for us to test and then production will begin.  Our information from them in response to our inquiries has been that we should receive samples "soon" but unfortunately we have been hearing that for a few months now. They are next in line so IF we see those new chassis before the end of the year we should see them in the February container.

The N Scale Tier 4 GEVO's are now in the tooling phase.  We may have pre-production plastic before Chinese New Year but don't expect to see finished plastic until the second quarter of 2018
."

djconway

• Crew
  • Respect: +64
Re: Intermountain F7 & GEVO
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 09:56:07 PM »
Again - NOT HOLDING MY BREATH  waiting for mid 2015 pre-order.

High Hood

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:07:17 PM »
+1
Wonder if the F's ride height will be corrected with this new chassis?

wes_sutton

• Crew
  • Respect: +450
    • http://www.users.bigpond.com/grms
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 11:44:40 PM »
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:51:08 AM by wes_sutton »

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 10:17:54 AM »
I recall pre-ordering a B and O F7, maybe as far back as 2006. 

In general, I understand that things happen to small companies with Chinese production, so I am not complaining.  I was always worried Wig Wag would ship one to me, even though I was a few layouts and proto schemes past that, LOL. :facepalm:  Lucky for me, that credit card expired and they would have to call and ask for a new one if it came in.  And, to be fair, Wig Wag was always pretty good about double checking first.

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 12:33:08 PM »
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4614
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »
+1

The downside of post modification.

I saw the post before modification and it was something I would have said myself (that should give you a clue).  :D
As I see it, it is actually good (for someone like me for example) to post something driven by a spur-of-the-moment emotion, then think things through and decide that it is better to keep one's mouth shut and edit the post.  I know, coming from me that must be really surprising.  :)
. . . 42 . . .

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 07:56:26 PM »
Again - NOT HOLDING MY BREATH  waiting for mid 2015 pre-order.

I placed my preorder on June 21, 2014 for F7’s.  Now hoping for them to arrive February 2018! 
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

EspeeGoldenState

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
    • Modern Southern Pacific
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 09:41:32 PM »
I placed my preorder on June 21, 2014 for F7’s.  Now hoping for them to arrive February 2018!

I'm pretty sure Lowell Smith's NS OCS F7s are part of this order too. I have a buddy desperately wanting them, and getting frustrated when August came and went and got no update from Lowell, but website still showing August.

The Super Dome that he is doing the NS OCS Delaware foobie on is also another Intermountain shipping/arrival mystery.

Chris
Attempting to model a modern Southern Pacific based in 2015/2016...

Also, I have a passenger train addiction...

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 10:16:39 PM »
Anyone hear if the 2 bay covered hoppers and ex-LBF boxcars are still on the agenda?

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 02:19:41 PM »
According to their coming soon page, the Gunderson box cars are scheduled for March and the 3281 hoppers for April.  I presume 2018...

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 02:53:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure Lowell Smith's NS OCS F7s are part of this order too. I have a buddy desperately wanting them, and getting frustrated when August came and went and got no update from Lowell, but website still showing August.

The Super Dome that he is doing the NS OCS Delaware foobie on is also another Intermountain shipping/arrival mystery.

Chris

If you message Lowell on Facebook he will respond and update the site.  At least from my experience he has always responded kindly and with accurate information. I have traded ideas with him in the past. 
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

EspeeGoldenState

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
    • Modern Southern Pacific
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 06:37:51 PM »
If you message Lowell on Facebook he will respond and update the site.  At least from my experience he has always responded kindly and with accurate information. I have traded ideas with him in the past.

I sent the message, on Nov 8th. The checkmark shows as delivered but unread. I've even posted on the page itself to no response.

Chris
Attempting to model a modern Southern Pacific based in 2015/2016...

Also, I have a passenger train addiction...

ek2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
Re: Intermountain F7 & GEVO & SP Cab forward
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »
I bothered the nice folks from Intermountain with another question on the Cab forward availability. Due Apr/May '18 per the website. Will update this thread once I hear something.

Boy, suddenly the manufacturers are turning their attention towards N with regards to the sound models. If the products make it to schedule, we have a ton of DCC and Sound offerings from Atlas, Intermountain, Scale Trains & Rapdio. My Wallet already has the shivers.

Bachmann and BLI have announced more models too, but they are not in my shortlist. Maybe an impulsive purchase if some good deals show up on eBay. Sorry for the thread drift here !

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 09:37:26 PM »
I sent the message, on Nov 8th. The checkmark shows as delivered but unread. I've even posted on the page itself to no response.

Chris

He may be traveling. My responses have usually been pretty quick.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr