Author Topic: Snailways Bus Depot new to me  (Read 1215 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2103
Snailways Bus Depot new to me
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:42:44 PM »
This is a perfect size , and design IMO

http://www.lundestudios.com/nscale.htm

Richie Dost

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Snailways Bus Depot new to me
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:53:07 PM »
I have most of Lunde Studios kits and they are very impressive. IIRC, Bob Lunde is in his 80s and he is still cranking out some really nice and unique kits.  They are quality castings with separate windows, and the parts are cast in realistic colors.  Nothing like the old Magnuson Models stuff from the 80s.  Bob is also a super-nice guy. I enjoy chatting with him when I run into him at some train shows.
. . . 42 . . .

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:18:07 PM »
What I like about the Lunde kits is that they have some size to them, are quite realistic and "familiar."  And the "sheet" of windows saves I don't know how many hours in painting and assembly.  I need to find a place for the bus station- beautiful Art Deco architecture and perfect place to showcase bus models.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +830
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 09:35:50 PM »
Yeah, that is just an extremely well executed kit. Everything about it just looks right but yet it's still pretty compact.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 12:31:29 AM »
What I like about the Lunde kits is that they have some size to them, are quite realistic and "familiar."  And the "sheet" of windows saves I don't know how many hours in painting and assembly.  I need to find a place for the bus station- beautiful Art Deco architecture and perfect place to showcase bus models.

Right near the train station , taxi cab shack , and across the street from the Airport Road ( overhead sign ) that is supposed to lead to the terminals .

Richie Dost