Author Topic: 48’ domestic container chassis?  (Read 1075 times)

BCOL 747

• Crew
  • Respect: +143
48’ domestic container chassis?
« on: April 27, 2017, 11:43:11 AM »
I am on a little bit of an Intermodal kick at the moment and I have several  N scale 48’ domestic containers I would like to put on chassis.  I just assumed that Deluxe Innovations made them but it doesn’t look like they do.

Can anyone recommend what they are doing for 48’ chassis? Are you stretching the DI and Kato models? I have seen a few on Shapeways but hope to avoid the Bestine issue.

What is my best option?

Much appreciated.
Chris

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
Re: 48’ domestic container chassis?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 01:10:58 PM »
N Scale Kits has a full line of chassis' that should fit the bill.  They'll need to be painted & decorated.

http://www.nscalekits.co.uk/containerchassis.html

BCOL 747

• Crew
  • Respect: +143
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 01:28:54 PM »
Thanks Gary.

I don't know how I missed that one. I was on their site a few days ago looking at well cars. LOL!

Thanks for the heads up!  :D

Chris

Chris7092

• Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 08:20:30 AM »
Gary thanks for the link to N scale kits.  I didn't even know the company existed :)

I've been on n scale hiatus for several years and I'm just now really get back in to it; it's amazing how many more products are available.

Chris

prbharris

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 11:12:43 AM »
Gary thanks for the link to N scale kits. ... it's amazing how many more products are available.

Thank you Gary for the advert :) - and to both Chris for their interest.

We are working with N Scale Laser for containers and reefer unit kits, both as stand alone single units, double stacks and on chassis for completing your yard and consists - at a lower quality [laser cut mdf] and cost than the plastic injected models. These will be on display, and available at the NSE Convention at Pittsburgh next month!

Peter

Peter Harris
N Scale Kits
www.nscalekits.com

BCR751

• Crew
  • A.K.A. Mr. Goodenough
  • Respect: +153
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 11:32:53 AM »
Thank you Gary for the advert :) - and to both Chris for their interest.

We are working with N Scale Laser for containers and reefer unit kits, both as stand alone single units, double stacks and on chassis for completing your yard and consists - at a lower quality [laser cut mdf] and cost than the plastic injected models. These will be on display, and available at the NSE Convention at Pittsburgh next month!

Peter

Peter Harris
N Scale Kits
www.nscalekits.com

Does the "mdf" in this case stand for "medium density fiberboard'?  Didn't know stuff small enough for N-Scale could be made from that.

Doug

prbharris

• Crew
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 07:51:28 AM »
Does the "mdf" in this case stand for "medium density fiberboard'?

Yes - Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) is an engineered wood-based sheet material made by bonding together wood fibres with a synthetic resin adhesive. It is available in very fine thickness and N Scale Laser uses mdf 0.6mm [23 thou inch] thick. It works well for a number of N Scale buildings and accessories nscalelaser.com

The advantage that MDF has over 0.6mm wood veneer [that N Scale Kits use for our wood decks] is that there is no grain, so especially good for buildings and metal sided containers!

A number of the N Scale Laser kits will be on display and available for purchase at the NSE Convention at Pittsburgh in June 2017 at our booth.

Peter

Peter Harris
N Scale Kits
www.nscalekits.com