Author Topic: New ESU LokSound Select Micro plug-n-play decoders are almost here  (Read 1196 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
I saw them mentioned in the new products section of the latest N-Scale Magazine and now they are showing up on the Streamlined Backshop's site (still as out of stock for now).  But I hope that  this means that they are just around the corner.

They are designed to fit the IM frames. But they can probably be adapted to other similar locos. Sound decoder comes in 2 versions (pre- and post-2016 frame design).

http://store.sbs4dcc.com/ESU73100LokSoundSelectMicroDirectNMRADCCSoundDecoderDrop-InforP.aspx

http://store.sbs4dcc.com/ESU73199LokSoundSelectMicroDirectOEMNMRADCCSoundDecoderDrop-Inf.aspx

They also offer a non-sound version of that board. It is the same decoder board with the sound circuitry left un-populated.

http://store.sbs4dcc.com/ESU54650LokPilotV4.0MicroDirectOEMNMRADCCDecoderDrop-InforPost-.aspx

. . . 42 . . .

nscaler711

• Crew
  • @frs_strelizia
  • Respect: +127
    • IG
Re: New ESU LokSound Select Micro plug-n-play decoders are almost here
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 12:36:50 AM »
Wonder what type of work i would need to do to put them in a couple of Kato SD40-2 Mids... 
i should start saving for a small Mill... i dont think a Birdgeport would fit in my Apt...
“If you have anything you wanna say, you better spit it out while you can. Because you’re all going to die sooner or later." - Zero Two

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 01:13:40 PM »
I saw them mentioned in the new products section of the latest N-Scale Magazine and now they are showing up on the Streamlined Backshop's site (still as out of stock for now).  But I hope that  this means that they are just around the corner.

They were listed at Streamlined Backshop's site back when I posted this ESU LokSound visits Trainworld - Announces new products.  I had the links to sbs4dcc in the post as well.

As mentioned in the video, Matt Herman said they were due around the end of March or early April so they could be coming "Real Soon Now".
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:15:18 PM by reinhardtjh »
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +925
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:54:02 PM »
+2
The downside of these boards is that they will limit you to installing the speaker in the fuel tank area of the frame.  This is going to require some serious milling in most circumstances, so it's not going to be as easy as putting a speaker on the top part of the frame on the rear "shelf."  And since there is limited depth, in order to get the proper enclosure volume for the speaker, it probably means using a larger enclosure and offsetting the speaker to one side.   So what you gain in simplicity with this board on the decoder installation front, you will likely lose on the speaker installation side of things.

Still, I'll be interested to see what engines they fit. 

John C.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 04:17:13 PM »
They were listed at Streamlined Backshop's site back when I posted this ESU LokSound visits Trainworld - Announces new products.  I had the links to sbs4dcc in the post as well.

As mentioned in the video, Matt Herman said they were due around the end of March or early April so they could be coming "Real Soon Now".

:facepalm:  Sorry.
. . . 42 . . .