Author Topic: Microscale discontinues G&W products  (Read 3518 times)

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
Re: Microscale discontinues G&W products
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 10:41:41 AM »
Glad I ordered one of the Atlas CFNR GP15s in the G&W scheme. 

Wonder if they had heard rumblings, since the last GP15 announcement was full of the orange and black schemes.
~ Matt

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 07:32:39 PM »
I think a more likely explanation is someone stumbled across a reference to Microscale selling G&W branded decals and got their lawyers to send out a C&D letter.

I wouldn't worry about Highball too much, unless he scares easy.  Highball can't sell the decals for personal gain, but he can produce them for personal consumption.  And if during that personal consumption a set of decals or two accidentally slips into a very expensive envelope and happens to get mailed to a 'friend' and said friend accidentally personally consumes the mistakenly sent decals, the friend will need to reimburse Highball for the "very expensive envelope" were accidentally sent in, since obviously said friend is not paying Highball for the decals which Highball can't sell for personal gain... wink, wink.

Microscale, on the other hand, has established itself as an obvious seller of decals, bent on destroying the masses by draining them of their expendable income on recreational products, so it can't be as sly as Highball and the rest of us.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

coosvalley

• Crew
  • Respect: +639
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 08:21:01 PM »
I wonder if this will affect Micro Trains upcoming release of SW1500's, which are supposed to come painted in G&W colors, and come with decals for different roads... :?

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3087
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2017, 09:27:01 PM »
I wonder if this will affect Micro Trains upcoming release of SW1500's, which are supposed to come painted in G&W colors, and come with decals for different roads... :?

I thought I read earlier that the 1500 unit has been removed from various sellers websites/listings.

And before all this went down, I was wondering if IMRC would do the new Maryland Midland units as a release, or if MBK would do a similar custom run of the units like they did for the GP38-3's from Atlas, of which I'm still hunting #301 ( hint hint, someone has one somewhere )