It is that time of year again, and on behalf of the Atlantic County 4-H Model Railroad Club, I would like to cordially invite the members of this forum to attend the fourth Atlantic City N Scale Gathering!
This year we have a full-house in regards to vendors and layouts, so we are really hoping to garner more participation from rail enthusiasts and the public alike with this years's event. We strongly encourage anyone who can attend to bring trains to run, whether they be DC or DCC (both can be accommodated and throttles are available). There are no fees or stipulations to run other than to just bring something to run! To run on a layout, speak with anyone behind the layouts wearing club attire, and either they or an appropriate club leader will get you set up to run.
As a side note, this event is not geared towards the "serious show-goer." This event is not a Greenberg, Timmonium, or N scale weekend type show: we are simply making layouts and vendors available to those who are local who otherwise cannot make the larger shows, as well as getting the public involved in our great hobby. This is not to say we discourage traveling; in fact, it was a treat to here the people from places such as Massachusetts, New York, and Virginia all took the time to come out to our little show. We hope anyone who has an interest in our event can make it, and we look forward to seeing you there.
The technical details of the event for both visitors and exhibitors are as follows:
This event will take place at the Atlantic County 4-H Building on the Atlantic County 4-H Fairgrounds, located in Egg Harbor City, NJ, which is located approximately 20 miles (24 minutes) from Atlantic City, NJ, and 45 miles (47 minutes) from Philadelphia, PA. The address is as follows, and screenshots of maps are included as reference:
3210 New Jersey Route 50, South Egg Harbor, NJ 082150
The Event will be a total of three days for vendors/exhibitors, and two for the general public. An itinerary of events is as follows:
Friday, April 28, 2017 (Vendors and Exhibitors Only)
-Building Opens at 12:00 Noon, but closes at approximately 10:00 PM (No Public Access)
Saturday, April 29, 2017 (First Day)
- Doors open at 8:00 AM for Exhibitors.
- The show is open to the public starting at 10:00 AM, and closes to the public at 4:00 PM.
- Starting at 4:00 PM, vendors and exhibitors are permitted to run trains freely on club layouts until 5:00PM.
- At 5:00 PM, members of the 4-H Model Railroad Club will be hosting a dinner for all vendors, exhibitors, and members of the general public who remain. Dinner will be provided by the 4-H Model Railroad Club and cost will be $8.00 per head (all proceeds benefit the 4-H model railroad club).
- At the close of dinner, layouts will re-open and everyone is invited to continue running trains on any of the several operating layouts.
Sunday, April 30, 2017 (Second Day)
- Doors open at 8:00 AM for Exhibitors.
- The show is open to the public starting at 10:00 AM, and closes to the public at 3:00 PM.
- At 3:00 PM, the doors close to the public, and layout and vendor cleanup begins.
*Hotel accommodations are still being made for vendors who require them. Details will be released as they become available.*
I will continue to post updates to this thread once new information becomes available, and encourage you to post in this thread in regards to any questions or concerns you may have, or if you just need something clarified. Also feel free to PM me with any concerns. as stated previously, we are currently working on expanding our social media outlets, so make sure to be on the lookout for updates concerning that. The following addresses may be of some help as well:
General Questions: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Layout/Participant Information: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
(609) 234 - 6843 (Erik Seidelmann)
Vendor Information: email@example.com
(609) 517 - 8849 (John Kern)
I thank you for taking the time to read this and hope you can attend!