Author Topic: Get Ready for an exciting announcement! RRMBC 2017  (Read 942 times)

mark dance

• Crew
  • Respect: +884
    • The N Scale Columbia and Western
Get Ready for an exciting announcement! RRMBC 2017
« on: January 31, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »
+1
On February 8th the RR Modeller's of BC web site will go live with details of its May Meet.

If you are an N scaler, and especially if you are an N scaler looking for a reason to visit Vancouver, I think you should seriously consider joining us May 5th-7th at the Simon Fraser University main campus. (Yes, I am a tiny bit biased :) )

Details will be available on the web site around February 8th but here are some highlights which may well be of interest to you:
- 2 hours of Max Magliaro on how to scratch build a steam locomotive
- the first public operating sessions on Gary Hinshaw's Tehachapi BC as well as TBC being open for the self guided layout tours
- 2 hours of clinics from Grant Eastman on the design and scenery of his beautiful SAR (Southern Alberta Railway)
- Geoff Gooderham explaining how to cast and finish resin molded parts
- operating sessions on Brian Morgan's new GN layout
- accommodations for as little as 39$ (Canadian!) per night a few hundred yards from the clinic area

A pretty impressive line up and that is only a fraction of the Meet!  So look at your calendars, consider your wallet, and stay tuned for more info!  (And for our American friends, make sure you have a valid passport so you can get back in to your country!)

md
PS: yes, the C&W will be open for layout tours and an ops sessions should you be interested
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:38:03 PM by mark dance »
Youtube Videos of the N Scale Columbia & Western at: markdance63
Photos and track plan of of the N Scale Columbia & Western at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27907618@N02/sets/72157624106602402/

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +445
Re: Get Ready for an exciting announcement! RRMBC 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 06:43:50 PM »
Sounds really great.  I crossed the country for the November meet and would highly recommend this one to anyone sitting on the fence.  A great, friendly group of modelers and some amazing layouts.  Organization was excellent too.

Sadly, my planned trip to Vancouver is at the end of May, but you never know!

railnerd

• Crew
  • Respect: +149
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 06:49:18 PM »
watching…  it has been too long since I've been up north.

-Dave

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +206
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 09:44:54 PM »
Can't leave the USA. Might not want to come back. Especially if I could get a job as hobo on a couple of the Vancouver layouts. I also also accept work as a duck under.
Peter Pfotenhauer

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +509
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 02:35:54 AM »
+1
Yeah... There are members on this forum who might not be allowed back in the country the way things are now.

Sad.
Dan's Train Company
Forcing grandma to make my trains since 2019.