Author Topic: December Atlas N Announcements.  (Read 5146 times)

Ngineer

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
Re: December Atlas N Announcements.
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »
@Atlas Paul

Great. Thanks a lot!  :)

Javier

jmarley76

• Crew
  • Respect: +132
    • WNCRails
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2016, 01:37:55 AM »
I just have to stop staring at those Southern GP7's...  :drool:

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4193
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2016, 07:21:25 AM »
Hopefully the pre-McGinnis B&M buggies will be in that batch as well.

As with the NE6, there are multiple schemes for a number of the Class I roads that Atlas will include in the early releases before reissuing schemes with new road numbers. While I must defer to Paul to publicly reveal the frequency of the releases, it's likely that we will see the original NH and B&M schemes by the end of 2017 or shortly thereafter.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4590
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »
As with the NE6, there are multiple schemes for a number of the Class I roads that Atlas will include in the early releases before reissuing schemes with new road numbers. While I must defer to Paul to publicly reveal the frequency of the releases, it's likely that we will see the original NH and B&M schemes by the end of 2017 or shortly thereafter.

Not sure why someone down-voted Bryan's post (quoted above) - I up-voted it to clear the counter.  :|
. . . 42 . . .

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »
Not sure why someone down-voted Bryan's post (quoted above) - I up-voted it to clear the counter.  :|

Does Bryan actually work for Atlas?  As in, is he on their actual payroll?  I know he has his own company but he seems to "speak" for Atlas quite a bit.  Simply looking for clarification here.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2016, 05:06:49 PM »
Does Bryan actually work for Atlas?  As in, is he on their actual payroll?  I know he has his own company but he seems to "speak" for Atlas quite a bit.  Simply looking for clarification here.

Bryan's post seems to clearly indicate (at least to me) that he has some inside knowledge about Atlas offerings. Manufacturers do talk to each other  . . .
. . . 42 . . .

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2016, 05:21:44 PM »
Oh, I know they talk and share information.  Many moons ago I was involved with a major project my dad was working on with a couple of large RC vendors in late 1980's.  While I am sure some things have changed since then a lot has stayed the same.  The way Bryan writes his posts has made me wonder from time to time if actually works with them in compensatory role or just likes to share the fact he has an inside tract.  Seeing how strict the old Atlas forum was about not announcing things unless you were the actual vendor I find it interesting they would not care about their own products being discussed in this manner by someone outside the company.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1128
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2016, 05:29:01 PM »
+1
  I know he has his own company but he seems to "speak" for Atlas quite a bit.  Simply looking for clarification here.

Not sure why you think his post is 'speaking for Atlas'.  I could have written what he did.  :|

Jasn

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2016, 05:33:20 PM »
Or Bryan just knows the prototype and what would make sense to do with the tooling.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2016, 05:48:13 PM »
Not sure why you think his post is 'speaking for Atlas'.  I could have written what he did.  :|

Jasn

Well, since he is stating what they will release and when they will release it but will defer to Paul, who is an employee of the company, on time between releases I think it is a fair question. He also has his own company so his statements would carry additional weight than most other members here.  Are you saying you see no difference from a source who is employed by the actual company vs. a person who had a gentleman's conversation. I am simply seeking out a clarification, not sure why that is such a bad thing.  No judgement either way on my part.  In fact the only reason I posted the question was in regards to Peteski's question/statement on why he was down voted. 
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2016, 05:49:17 PM »
Or Bryan just knows the prototype and what would make sense to do with the tooling.

Lol, please don't use that logic with Kato!   :D
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2016, 06:05:05 PM »
No judgement either way on my part.  In fact the only reason I posted the question was in regards to Peteski's question/statement on why he was down voted.

And I still would  like to find out who and why down-voted Brian's statement. To me it didn't evoke either positive or negative vibes - just seemed like an informative post without any bias.
. . . 42 . . .

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3081
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2016, 06:18:53 PM »
+3
And I still would  like to find out who and why down-voted Brian's statement. To me it didn't evoke either positive or negative vibes - just seemed like an informative post without any bias.

Your message about fixing the downvote also got downvoted.  I fixed it :)

CBQ Fan

• Crew
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2016, 07:11:17 PM »
Lol, please don't use that logic with Kato!   :D

Seriously, we down vote a joke about Kato knowing the history of a prototype and assuming they will produce future models that will sell all the while knowing they won't.  Really!  How many times has been that come up,in topics here!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4193
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 08:54:16 AM »
<sigh>  :facepalm:

This is the first time I'm visiting this thread since I last posted in it.  To clarify:  I've known the Atlas personnel personally for over 35 years, since just before the RS-3 was introduced, so yes we converse.  I was friends at the time with all the junior-level personnel and have remained friends as they moved into senior-level positions over the years, from Tom Haedrich on down.  No, I do not work for Atlas and never have.  Yes, I have consulted for them in the past in various capacities.  Yes, I help out with information in the present when asked, as they do with ESM.  No, I do not post "intel" to be self-important, and no I do not and will not post any so-called "inside information" or any details that Atlas has not sanctioned and would not want to be public knowledge.   

Why anyone would take issue with learning of some product information is beyond my understanding.

And, as Jason stated, it's not much of a stretch to presume the as-built schemes will appear in a sooner rather than later release, given the long-established pattern of how Atlas releases roadnames on products.

Also keep in mind that the product in question is a distinct New Haven prototype, and more often than not, I am consulted by various manufacturers on any projects related to that road.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net