Author Topic: What sound decoder to put in a Kato baggage car?  (Read 2033 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: What sound decoder to put in a Kato baggage car?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 11:42:37 AM »
Even thought Digitrax makes few sound decoders (and for N scale), in general you don't see many modelers using them.  They are what I would call "low end decoders".  But everybody's requirements are different - you might find them to be satisfactory for what you're looking for.
. . . 42 . . .

powersteamguy1790

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
Re: What sound decoder to put in a Kato baggage car?
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 04:06:30 PM »
Thanks Bob for your "sound " reply.
As usual, you've given the exact solution to my question.
I don't see too many post from you lately. haven't seen any recent pictures from your layout.

Rick

Glad I could help you Rick. That decoder will work for you in the Kato baggage car, BTW Kato installed this sound decoder in the SP GS-4's years ago using the Kobo name. I don't post very often on this forum, but I do post on other forums using another name. On some forums I still use PSG1790.

In regards to photo's of my layout, the basic scenery is complete and the layout with signals is fully operational after eight years and I'm adding many details at this point. I no longer post photo's of my layout on any forum. However I recently re-joined the Modelers Forum after a two year absence and started to post some photo's of my layout on that forum.

Take care,

Bob
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:27:59 PM by powersteamguy1790 »