Author Topic: BLI 2016-2017 Product Guide  (Read 10602 times)

prr7161

• Crew
  • Respect: +113
Re: BLI 2016-2017 Product Guide
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2016, 06:21:37 PM »
I'm not an SPF, but I love the look of the T1.  How many demerits do I risk for putting it on the head-end of the Kato Broadway consist?

George

Pretty much none.  The new Broadway officially debuted on 3/15/49, but some cars - like the 21 roomette sleepers - started creeping into the consist as early as the previous summer.  Although the PRR was advertising itself as having dieselized the Blue Ribbon trains at this point, there was very little backup and it wouldn't take too many breakdowns for steam to get called on the fancy trains every now and then.  The T1 had another year or so of regular service to go at the time.
Angela Sutton

The Mon Valley in N Scale

Mike C

• Crew
  • Respect: +144
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2016, 06:47:25 PM »
I got a BLW newsletter today stating that they would be posting information about the Broadway Limited PRR T1 late next week and taking reservations for a 2017 delivery.  I don't know if Pete knows something concrete or is assuming based on the fact that the catalog is labeled "2016-2017".

I guess we may know more in a week or so.

N Scale Division already has pre orders for them , BUT they want a down payment to complete the pre order . ( at least for new customers ) .....

JoeW

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • N Layout list
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2016, 07:04:42 PM »
Perhaps this is the most amazing and ambitious product release schedule from one manufacture ever.  Particularly if you take into consideration the other scales that are in their lineup.  The PRR fans are the ones who will really have their day.  I suppose significant amount of acquisition funds will have to be reserved to meet the release schedule especially if they get it all done in 2017.   The question I have is in what order and how far apart will they be making these releases?  I want to be ready

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +982
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2016, 07:20:11 PM »
Perhaps this is the most amazing and ambitious product release schedule from one manufacture ever.  Particularly if you take into consideration the other scales that are in their lineup.  The PRR fans are the ones who will really have their day.  I suppose significant amount of acquisition funds will have to be reserved to meet the release schedule especially if they get it all done in 2017.   The question I have is in what order and how far apart will they be making these releases?  I want to be ready

You should have ample time... BLI's release schedule is ambitious at best...
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface:

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2016, 11:32:27 AM »
The question I have is in what order and how far apart will they be making these releases?  I want to be ready

Watch the Broadway Limited Delivery Schedule page for info.  Right now nothing is formally announced with delivery dates.  It will probably be several years before all is delivered.  BLI has a history of waiting for the pre-order levels to reach a certain amount before starting tooling and production.  It could conceivably be much more than several years.  But hopefully not.

You should have ample time... BLI's release schedule is ambitious at best...

There's an understatement!   :facepalm:

John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566