Author Topic: MTL 50' Airslide Hopper  (Read 1268 times)

conrail1973

• Crew
  • Respect: +104
MTL 50' Airslide Hopper
« on: September 18, 2016, 05:13:07 PM »
Hey,

I just ordered GACX #47906 from M.B. Klein.  I was looking to see if anyone has ordered either road number yet because the stock numbers for several online vendors hasn't moved since they were released.  I would be curious to see how they compare with the previous Delaware Valley/Bowser releases.

Thanks,

Adam

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Re: MTL 50' Airslide Hopper
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 01:57:28 PM »
I don't have one but would love to see some pics.

I'm moving away from N or I would have ordered one.   Still might grab one at the train show in a couple of weeks.  I honestly figured they would sell out with this first release being a very popular scheme.   (so unlike Micro-Trains....lol)
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +529
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »
Haven't seen it yet - the "as released" scheme is way too new for me (1990s+).

Looking forward to some 1970s schemes,even the plain jane original GACX scheme:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=966137 (GACX 47341)

Or

https://www.tangentscalemodels.com/product/gacx-original-gray-1971

Mark

RSWController

• Crew
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 02:48:44 PM »
I was watching for them to show up at MBK. I read somewhere that they wouldn't arrive with the normal shipment of MT so I was checking every day as I thought they would be popular. I figured they would show up at the top of the page but when they did arrive they appeared in the middle of the monthly releases.  I was surprised that the amount in stock seemed to stay on 58 and 57 for the first couple days.

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 03:09:10 AM »
      :|  I can' t post pictures (a TRW) requirement at the moment, but yes I received both numbers from FRT these cars are  far superior to the Delaware Valley cars, better detailing, nice outlet gates , etched metal crossover platforms the era of the paint scheme my be just a tad newer than the late transition period, cars used in my op sessions would have, but it is nicely done. Looking forward to other road and company schemes on this car. Nate Goodman (Nato).  :|

ryan_wilkerson

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
    • ShastaRails.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 01:24:57 PM »
Mine arrived yesterday, I'll try to get some photos to post.
It is a very nice car with the separately applied piping on the bottom, end platforms, roofwalk and color-matched stirrups. I'll have to see how it takes the True Scale coupler since it has body-mounted couplers from the factory.