Author Topic: NKP-ish  (Read 11380 times)

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +146
Re: NKP-ish
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2019, 12:18:50 AM »
Well crud.  They don't show for me.  I'm a little perplexed, because they were uploaded to Railwire - however they were not put into the Gallery.
I'll have to see what I can restore.

<edit> it's not just my images. All images in this thread posted Sept. 5th 2016 or earlier have vanished </edit>
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:33:56 PM by nickelplate759 »
George

NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

nickelplate759

• Crew
  • Respect: +146
Re: NKP-ish
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2019, 11:58:47 PM »
So, I've been happily working on laying and wiring track and tortoises, and today Murphy showed up to help.
I've get several Micro-Engineering turnouts, in hard-to-reach places, that are driven by Tortoises with offset  lever-wires - through the center of the turnout throwbar.

I've just discovered that the offset lever-wire sticks up farther through the throwbar when the turnout is thrown one way than the other, stopping the train - so these all have to be redone some other way :(  :facepalm:

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this.   I can't readily move the Tortoise closer to the turnout's centerline, to remove the offset. Right now I'm just a little pissed that I missed this when I was first putting these turnouts in place - it would have been far easier to fix then.

[edit] - I came up with a good plan, I thought.  Shift the Tortoise throw rod to the center of the Tortoise, and through the throwbar outside the rail of the turnout (it was through the center).  Unfortunately, just as I got it pretty much right I broke of the end of the throwbar off  :facepalm:.
On both turnouts  :facepalm: :facepalm:
And replacements are out of stock everywhere I've looked  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
<sigh>
[\edit]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:47:24 PM by nickelplate759 »
George

NKPH&TS #3628

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.