Author Topic: Atlas HO Turntable  (Read 550 times)

Freight Train

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Atlas HO Turntable
« on: April 28, 2016, 07:34:14 PM »
Hi All,
    Just received my track order through Fed Ex today and might have a little problem. Everything checked out fine except for the Atlas turntable . I heard something rolling around inside and slightly lifted the table and a small chrome plated cylindrical piece fell out. Trying to determine what this piece is and how to get the turntable apart to find out where it goes? Thought it might have something to do with electrical contact and checked the rails to where power is supplied to the table and everything on that end checked out. Even turn the table to all positions to make sure I hadn't lost electrical contact some where inside. Is this some kind of roller mechanism to help the table move freely? Also went through all my torx bits and couldn't find one to fit to diassemble the table to have a peek under the hood. Anyone have any idea what was used to screw the table down with ?
                                                                                  Rick
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:35:50 PM by Freight Train »
Phoenix Southside Connecting Railroad (H0)
Moose River Railroad (N)

Atlas Paul

• Crew
  • Respect: +334
Re: Atlas HO Turntable
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:50:43 AM »
Please contact Don in our Service Department (800) 872-2521  x7133.  I have a feeling it is the contact between the rail and the printed circuit, which are two cylinders with a spring.  These can be accessed by sliding the rail out of the turntable., but if you are missing the spring it probably won't help.  Anyway, give him a call and he can assist you.

Freight Train

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
Re: Atlas HO Turntable
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:20:25 AM »
Thanks for your help Paul. I contacted Don and he explain the fix and is sending out some replacement contacts today. Apparently it's 2 cylindrical pieces with one that slides up inside the other with a spring between them. Glad I hadn't tried to disassemble  the turntable as  all that's needed to replace the contacts is to slide the rail just past the hole that the contacts fit into. Atlas saved the day with great customer service !!!  :D
Phoenix Southside Connecting Railroad (H0)
Moose River Railroad (N)