Author Topic: New Atlas and BLMA items in at MBK  (Read 2024 times)

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
Re: New Atlas and BLMA items in at MBK
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 06:41:50 PM »
Personally, I like the fact that BLMA did contemporary stuff .. I model what I see on the rails today, and there is a need for good quality modern stuff

+1

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +458
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 07:27:38 PM »
I wish Atlas would do a 6-pack or 12-pack of GN ore cars, brown with yellow ends or just brown.

They've done 12-packs of their coal hoppers, so why not with their ore cars?

Javier
I'd be in for a few NP 12 packs....
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

nscaler711

• Crew
  • @frs_strelizia
  • Respect: +127
    • IG
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 02:42:55 AM »
I just hope we will see BLMA trucks again...
I know I bitch alot about it, but I really, really love those trucks... I absolutely do not mind paying $5 for a pair, I am in this hobby for the realism, (or close to it, I may not count rivets but I'll be damned if my rolling stock sits to high or has the wrong truck type on them... So call me a defect detector!  :D )
“If you have anything you wanna say, you better spit it out while you can. Because you’re all going to die sooner or later." - Zero Two

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1329
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 02:45:43 PM »
I have a 30 car ore train for my lead/silver mines, mixed GN and NP, and did custom decals for the GN cars.  Atlas had the NP in stock, so I included NP style numbers on the decals, but the GN was long out of production.

Naturally, they reran them a couple years later...

Put MT 905 couplers on them and they'll couple much closer, especially if the draft gear is recessed a little extra, with the pin at the end of the car.  They still work fine with regular N MT couplers.
N Kalanaga
Be well