Author Topic: Nce pro cab and jmri downloads  (Read 487 times)

Viperjim1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
Nce pro cab and jmri downloads
« on: March 08, 2016, 09:48:38 PM »
First off i have a NCE pro cab and the sub interface and cables and such I am using a MacBook Pro with Yosimite os, and reading the download of the software to run jmri I need the NCE sub interface software, the instructions say install this driver first and then jmri. The problem I'm having is , I install the driver and open it , that's fine I think, but when I plug in my interface my Mac isn't recognizing I pluged anything in. And when I download jmri, that downloads and opens but when I click on anything in the program, it reads, Error or NCE program error or something like that, and I heard when this happens I have to uninstall both jmri and the sub driver and do this again. Well I've done this a few times and to no avail it's always doing the same thing. Any ideas?😡

railnerd

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Re: Nce pro cab and jmri downloads
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 04:07:15 AM »
You are download the driver from here, right?

https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx#mac

If you run Terminal what do you see with the following Unix command:

ls /dev/cu.*

What version of JMRI are you using?  What version of Java?

Did you set up the DCC connection on the JMRI Preferences?  (seems like you might not have selected the serial port)

When in doubt you can also try asking on the jmriusers list on YahooGroups
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/jmriusers/info

-Dave

Viperjim1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
Re: Nce pro cab and jmri downloads
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:18:49 AM »
Yes downloaded from that site and using latest jmri and Java 8 not using terminal and I've tried plugging in before installing program so it would as about new hardware and from complete turn on of system , to plugging in after installation. Also with nice not hooked up to sub adapter to hooked up to sub adapter. I'll try the yahoo site thanks