Author Topic: 2 - K4s on home rails.  (Read 1084 times)

djconway

• Crew
  • Respect: +64
2 - K4s on home rails.
« on: September 27, 2015, 12:10:07 AM »
+1
Picked up #1361 and #3750 from Palmer Hobbies today.  Put both on the test track sweet!
Got them home put 3750 on my test oval fired up the DCC system and she was off and running, did a few laps trying out all the whistles and bell (literally).  Maybe sound isn't that bad. Tweeted the speed curve to give her a 7th top speed, but it's going to need more tweaking as it breaks in.

Now #1361 has a slightly different first lap, down the straight fine, into the first right curve and she stops dead, light on, whistle &  bell OK, but no go.  Try reverse smooth as silk, reverse into the curve still smooth.  Stop & start forward down the straight fine into the curve dead again.  After a few minutes I found the  problem, the  main rod is hitting the pin, and binding.  A few LIGHT swipes with a file on the pin and bottom edge of the rod and pressing in the pin, All is good now. 

ALL in all these  are great locos. This may explain the thrown rod reported earlier. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:35:21 PM by GaryHinshaw »

towl1996

• Crew
  • Chairman of TRW Busty Cougar Welcoming Committee
  • Respect: +138
Re: 2 - K4s on home rails.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »
Good that you worked it out, but where are the pics?  :tommann:
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
Re: 2 - K4s on home rails.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 09:19:26 AM »
Good that you worked it out, but where are the pics?  :tommann:

Pics?

I'm wondering why this need a new thread......
~ Matt