Author Topic: mt horse car  (Read 4713 times)

Angus Shops

• Crew
  • Respect: +256
Re: mt horse car
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 08:41:42 PM »
I'm for the single window coach just so I can see what Puddy does with the tag line on his posts. What will we do next when we've put man on the moon AND produced a single window coach...

Geoff

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 09:29:47 PM »
Looking to have shots of the roof and underframe later this week and will post them.  Anyone going to the NMRA show in Portland later this month will be able to see final shots.  I've also made a deal with a local mule skinner and they will be sending over fresh "pies" to load in each and every one of the Railwire orders for the Horse car.  I know how much you guys value being 100% prototypical.  :)  Right now we are noodling around what the next round of HW's will be...Single Window Coach, Coach/Baggage Combine, and a Harriman Style car top my list.  As soon as I get the green flag on any of these I will let you all know.

Cheers

Joe

Coach baggage combine.

Can you do a cb&q diner please??  Oh and maybe a runner pack of Q baggage cars!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Specter3

• Crew
  • Respect: +149
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 10:30:52 PM »
Combine

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2015, 10:38:53 PM »
 :| I could be talked into buying some single window coaches, I guess.  :P

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 12:40:14 AM »
That combine has single windows!   ;)
. . . 42 . . .

arbomambo

• Crew
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 11:50:18 AM »
WOW...! A coach with a single window....must be dark in there.
"STILL Thrilled to be in N scale!"

Bruce M. Arbo
CATT- Coastal Alabama T-TRAK
https://nationalt-traklayout.com/

Kisatchie

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »
WOW...! A coach with a single window....must be dark in there.

Hmm... it's a biiiiiig
window...

Two scientists create a teleportation ray, and they try it out on a cricket. They put the cricket on one of the two teleportation pads in the room, and they turn the ray on.
The cricket jumps across the room onto the other pad.
"It works! It works!"

pjm20

• Crew
  • Modeling the Bellefonte Central
  • Respect: +141
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2015, 08:25:12 AM »
PRR P70!  :D

[\running]
Peter
Modeling the Bellefonte Central Railroad circa 1953
PRRT&HS #8862
Live Steam Enthusiast

Check out my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PennsyModeler

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2015, 10:36:59 AM »
The only sure way to get a P70 mass produced is to follow the "law of model railroad passenger car production."  The law states that no model will be mass produced until such time as everyone who really wants one has already built one from brass or styrene sides or a resin kit.  I am tempted to make some predictions based on what currently has paint drying in the basement, one of which I am pretty confident about.  But not a sure thing until after I finish decalling.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +889
    • My blog
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 08:39:50 PM »
The only sure way to get a P70 mass produced is to follow the "law of model railroad passenger car production."  The law states that no model will be mass produced until such time as everyone who really wants one has already built one from brass or styrene sides or a resin kit.  I am tempted to make some predictions based on what currently has paint drying in the basement, one of which I am pretty confident about.  But not a sure thing until after I finish decalling.
or to bribe Joe

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2015, 01:11:07 PM »
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8547
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2015, 01:28:26 PM »

A lot of us have already bashed modernized P70s from the old Lima/Model Power cars which are based on as-built P70s (with different trucks).  I'm thinking the reason the "law" hasn't gone into effect is because the Lima/Model Power car is pretty much already a P70.

I'm also thinking that for non-Pennsy fans, the MTL double-window coach probably meets their needs.  Not much sense in MTL bringing out another coach based on a PRR design just to foobie it into a dozen other roads when it's already got a very nice double-window coach to foob.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »
Dave,

I've also read that the Bachmann trailer coach (that comes with the current model doodlebug) is also a P70 (or close). I am NOT, nor do I claim to be, an expert on PRR passenger cars, so have no idea whether that statement has a basis in reality or not, other than the Bachmann car has the right number of vestibules.

Still, in a world where a company can produce a successful Milwaukee Hiawatha with a 4-4-2, it is a bit of a surprise that the PRR people are still begging for a K-4 and P70.  Or, from my point of view, that the only ATSF Steam loco for the last 40 years is a 4-8-4 with cast on details and my 44 seat coaches are courtesy of JnJ and M&R sides.
Tom D.

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »
I've also read that the Bachmann trailer coach (that comes with the current model doodlebug) is also a P70 (or close).

The problem is that a lot of those folks who have made this claim knows little about the P70 coach.  Having 10 paired windows with single bathroom windows next to the vestibules does not make the car "close"... if it did SPFs would be buying the Hell out of the MT paired windowed coach, which at least has a letterboard the proper size and a clerestory roof that is very similar to the P70 cars.  That thing Bachmann makes, while an attractive car, looks to be a former gothic coach that had the upper sash windows covered over with a deeper letterboard with the roof having an odd profile... perfect for a freelanced lines' equipment but not a good starting point for any paired window coach that was common on the most popular roads.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »
Thanks Jerry.  As I said, P70 is a car where I am not an expert.  If they ever become available separately, I will have to take a closer look at that Bachmann car.  Sounds like the sort of thing that several railroads ran in the 40s and 50s on secondary and commuter trains. Any guess on what the prototype is (or the prototype for the doodlebug, for that matter)?
Tom D.