Author Topic: Another Reason To Love Intermountain...Kits!  (Read 1328 times)

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
    • Mockingbird Industrial
Another Reason To Love Intermountain...Kits!
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:16:03 AM »
Just got eight of these 5161 kits that I had ordered from my LHS this past weekend.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Great offering for special schemes or scratchbuilding.   And only $9.20 each!  Even included trucks/couplers which I didn't expect.  They are offering all of their covered hoppers in this manner it seems.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:32:53 AM by Denver Road Doug »
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

Baronjutter

• Crew
  • Respect: +11
Re: Another Reason To Love Intermountain...Kits!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:33:32 PM »
9 bucks for all that, and it's NEW?  Really good deal.  I know a lot of people don't mind building and painting their own.  I wish every company offered unpainted and unassembled versions for cheap.  I love IM hoppers too, the roof walk details are so good.  Can't even look at Microtrain's awful solid walkways anymore.

PS
Where can one order these? I can't seem to find them online or IM's site.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:36:07 PM by Baronjutter »

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:18:20 PM »
http://www.intermountain-railway.com/n/nkit.htm

The 5161's have already been delivered but most of the rest of their cars are coming next.
NOTE: I'm no longer active on this forum.   If you need to contact me, use the e-mail address (or visit the website link) attached to this username.  Thanks.

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 03:14:58 AM »
M.B.Klein's (www.modeltrainstuff.com) had them for about 30 seconds (okay, maybe 2 or 3 days) but are sold out now.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/IMR-N-Trinity-Hopper-Undecorated-p/imr-62299.htm
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

Denver Road Doug

• Crew
    • Mockingbird Industrial
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »
@Baronjutter how many of these would you need?  I ordered 8, and my LHS got 12 and asked if I wanted the other four.  I was going to buy them (he only had the original 8 with him that he brought for me to a train show) but I could probably make do with 2 or 3 less if that's all you need.  They would be 9.20 plus TX tax (which I have to pay) plus shipping.

The other thing is...you might ask Intermountain.   They supposedly only made these "to order" but they might have some extras.  They would be retail though probably which might take the joy out of the deal.