Author Topic: Locomotive production - where does the industry go from here?  (Read 4594 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +1918
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Locomotive production - where does the industry go from here?
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2015, 04:33:51 PM »
Another new loco from Arnold, boy that was fast!

What is your problem?  Do you work as a shill for Hornby/Arnold or something? Your views on Kato are also a bit unusual. They didn't really revolutionize N scale diesel locos with their U30C, right?  Nobody imitated their design since, right? Because it wasn't really their design? Are you also one of those people who believe that Holocaust never happened and that humans never landed on the Moon!?  :facepalm:
--- Peteski de Snarkski

-"Look at me, I'm satirical!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm anal retentive!!!"
-"Look at me, I have the most posts evahhhh!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm snarky!!!!"
-"Look at me, I have OCD!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm a curmudgeon!!!!"
-"Look at me, I'm puzzled!!!!

rrjim1

• Crew
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2015, 04:58:54 PM »
For your information Arnold has another new loco almost ready, they are doing test shot right now. I though most of the people here would like to know. If you don't like my post, don't read them! 

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2015, 05:02:30 PM »
I see - another solid old-school mechanical design from Arnold.  Great news!  At least now your post makes sense.
--- Peteski de Snarkski

rrjim1

• Crew
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2015, 05:22:52 PM »
 I see it's OK for you to bad mouth ever other manufacture but not OK for someone to bad mouth Kato. IMO Kato isn't the greatest thing to happen to N-scale, sorry to disappoint you. You should learn to read and look up the meaning of  (another).

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2015, 05:34:41 PM »
I see it's OK for you to bad mouth ever other manufacture but not OK for someone to bad mouth Kato. IMO Kato isn't the greatest thing to happen to N-scale, sorry to disappoint you. You should learn to read and look up the meaning of  (another).

Ah, TRW just became much more fun place to visit. Thanks rrjim1!   :D As for you views on Kato, your head is stuck so far up you-know-where that is is laughable.

EDIT: It should be a broader statement (I have no beef against rrjim1):  If anybody doesn't think that Kato is an innovator in the N scale models and that Kato did not introduce a number of revolutionary ideas has their head is stuck so far up you-know-where that is is laughable.

I must have learned to read since I somehow managed to read your posts, but you have me puzzled about the usage of another -  I have no idea what you are talking about.  Arnold just released a new N scale locomotive and now you just mentioned that there will be another(?) model coming from them soon?  I must be really dense. :|
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 06:19:41 PM by peteski »
--- Peteski de Snarkski

rrjim1

• Crew
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2015, 06:23:15 PM »
I sure agree with the dense part! Talk about someone with there head stuck, you and Kato are a perfect fit!

Quote Originally Posted by rrjim1

Another Arnold Loco, very close?

Yep, Charlie said that the tooling is finished and that they're just waiting for painted samples before they go ahead and make the announcement. He went on to say that the prototype covers almost all the railroads that you’d want, and that it will take decades to work through the “A” list of roadnames and paint schemes. I couldn't pry any more info than that out of him :-)

Cheers,
 -Mark

Of course this won't interested you because it isn't a Kato.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +489
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2015, 06:46:50 PM »
Ok, this is getting the lock .. it's getting personal.  Both of you get 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct